Why would anybody like him?

The next day, Draco and Harry met up before breakfast. They had decided to put their plan into action as soon as possible. Harry was coming down from Gryffindor tower when he met Draco in the third floor hallway.

"Morning!" Harry said happily and kissed Draco on the cheek.

"Good morning," Draco gave him a kiss in return, "You seem awfully happy today."

"I'm just happy to move forward with our plans."

Draco took Harry's hand and they made their way to breakfast. They started getting some weird looks when they reached more frequented corridors and staircases. When they got to the marble staircase, Harry let go of Draco's hand. Draco frowned at him but then remembered that they were just creating rumors for now, the coming out part would come later.

The rumors of both boys being homosexual had already been going around the castle. Pansy had done both boys a favor, without asking, of course, and announced to the whole Slytherin common room that both Harry and Draco were gay. When people asked how she knew this, she said that Draco told her, which was true, and that she overheard Harry talking romantically to a boy, which was also true. Draco heard what happened and got mad at Pansy, but he decided to give her a chance to explain herself because she had helped with the plan. Pansy didn't tell Draco that she overheard his conversation with Harry, but she did tell him that her announcement was meant to aid him, not anger him. Draco finally gave in because he really wanted his best friend back, even though it hadn't even been one day since their falling out.

They entered the Great Hall at the same time, but not interacting with each other. Both boys simply walked over to their respective tables and sat down to eat a delicious Hogwarts breakfast. The owl post arrived during breakfast and Draco was honestly quite surprised that his parents hadn't sent a howler.

'Although that would have been a funny way to announce the relationship to the students.' Draco thought.

He opened the letter and discovered that his parents were okay with his sexuality as long as he didn't talk about boys around them or brought a boy to Malfoy Manor, especially Harry Potter. They also said that he was still expected to produce an heir.

Draco was content with his parents response. He looked up at the Gryffindor table to find Harry looking at him expectantly so he gave a little nod and a smile. Harry immediately understood that Draco was saying "Yes it is what you think and it's good news."

The rumors grew more and more intense throughout the day and by dinner time the boys' plan to pretend that they couldn't bear the rumors anymore was turning into reality.

They were sitting at their tables when someone shouted, "Why would the savior like such filth?"

Someone else yelled back, "Why would anybody like him?"

Harry suddenly stood up and walked up to stand in front of the teacher's table. Everyone in the Hall was silent as they surveyed their savior. Draco also stood up and started making his way towards his boyfriend.

"Draco Malfoy is kind, and nice. He is sweet and caring, and funny too. He can be a bit irritating sometimes, but I don't mind because it is a part of him and I love all of him."

Harry looked to his right and saw Draco with tears streaming down his face. Draco ran forward and embraced Harry. They held each other while the Great Hall erupted with noise. The noise was silenced though, when Draco slipped a hand around Harry's neck and tilted his head upwards. Their lips met and everyone watching knew that the boys didn't care what anyone thought of them, so long as they were together.