Chapter Twenty-Two - Tobias

I sighed as I listen to the whole story behind the explosion, a death serum? I knew something was wrong with Nita but I never guessed her to be psychotic. I followed Tris down to where they were keeping Four and Nita, Four was awake, a medic was checking him over, with a guard around in case Four would flip out and attack, but I knew Four wasn't like that.

"Tobias, what have you done.." Tris whispered and I looked over at her, Tobias? Was that Four's birth name? Four just looked up at her, frowning.

"I didn't know she was going to do that, I thought she was going to stop something like this from happening." He explained, wincing when the medic had finished his stitches and left the cell he had been contained in. I didn't speak, there wasn't anything for me to say really, I was a bystander in all this. Before any more words can be exchanged, David rolls his way into the room, stopping beside Tris, he literally rolls in, he's in a wheelchair because of his injuries.

"I'm deciding to let you go." He tells Four, Four looks at him confused, "It wasn't you're fault per-say, Nita convinced you I'm sure, and I wasn't expecting any less from a GD." He continued, and I winced, he was basically saying the he expected us to flip and attack when we had the change, Four just had a moment of bad judgement and got himself into this.

David excuses himself, letting the guards take Four of his cell, and we all walk out of the building, I glance over at Nita as we leave, she's awake now, avoiding the eye contact with everyone. I frown, feeling a little bit sorry for her, these Divergents and scientists were against her the whole time and when tried to get back, it bit her in the ass, severely.

Four looks around when we get outside, seeing people limping around, people trying to help wherever they can.

"Oh God.." He mumbled, Tris turns to him.

"So many people have been injured, even in comas because you didn't listen to me, when have I been wrong, Tobias? Why did you not listen to me this one time?" She asked, getting hysterical at him, I looked the other way, this seemed like a moment between them both so I didn't butt in.

Four looked away from her, his fists and jaw clenching.

Tris just walks away, back into the building, I turn to Four and give him what I hope is a encouraging smile.

"You didn't mess up," I tell him, resting a hand on his arm, "You just believe in the wrong thing for a split second." I walk away from him, leaving him to his thoughts.

Hours later, it's dark and I'm inside the house that got giving to us, Luna is with Eric, they're both reading a children's book and I'm sat, looking out the window at the destruction that happened earlier, my eyebrows raise when I see Tris rushing towards us, I open the door quickly, letting her in and look around before shutting the door behind her.

Something is happening, again.

"Nita and Four wasn't wrong." She announces, "I checked everything and I found it, I found the serum and their plans for it." She speaks very quickly, her hands shaking.

"But the explosion and everything... I don't understand.." I say, taking a seat and watch Tris as she paces around the room.

"I didn't at first but when I realised who came up with it all, it made sense.." She said cryptically before looking at us, "David is the mastermind behind it all.." She gulped.

"But he was injured, why would he shoot himself and cause a big explosion that could've killed him?" I questioned, trying to poke holes in this, but it seemed solid, everything did point to him.

"To through us off the track, make us believe that Four and Nita were conspiring against him the whole time, that they were the ones trying to use the serum to stop everyone and continue the experiment." She threw her hands up, "And we all fell for it."

"Okay, so you the serum on everyone here then, make them forget about the experiment and Divergents," Eric speaks up, but Tris buts in with a shake of her head.

"There's a problem with doing that.." She stops pacing, sitting opposite us, "Where the serum is stored, the death serum is there also, and if you enter the room, well, you're not likely to get out.." She explains, "One of us have to go it, to retrieve and die basically." She looks between us both.

I sigh and lean my head on my hands, my elbow against my knees.

"Why does this get worse and worse?" I ask, "Let's figure this out tomorrow, I've had enough running and drama to last a lifetime." I say and leave them both, going into the bedroom and collapsing on the bed, my eyes closing with in minutes of taking my boots off.