Epilogue - Heroes.

The emergency lockdown eventually gave way, Belle and Four rushed inside, trying to find Tris, Belle knew that she had survived the death serum because they wouldn't have gotten this far otherwise, but what about now, after this serum had taken it's affect. They had ran around the entire building searching for her and they both came across a final room, Belle had entered first then gasped, seeing David unconscious in his wheel chair, a gun on the floor beside him and Tris, feet away, blood surrounding her, it was obvious from the amount of blood that she didn't make it, this made Belle choke back a sob, Four came in not long after, but he stood still seeing his girlfriends body.

Belle stayed back, watching as Four slowly made his way to her, he knelt in her blood, stroking her pale cheek, tears falling down his own as he looked at her body. There was nothing either of them could do. Four looks over to the memory serum, seeing a little bit in the vial left, he reaches over, Belle knows what he's about to do.

"Are you really going to take that?" She asked, shocked, "You'd rather forget her and everything you've been through to save yourself the grief and pain of what you face today and the days ahead?" She asked, hoping that she was stopping him.

Four looked down at the vial in his hands, and threw against the far wall before crying some more, he mumbled some words to Tris' body, Belle didn't listen in, knowing that this was a private moment. The tears don't stop their journey down his face. Belle is heartbroken also, knowing someone that had become a friend in the past few days had died to make their city a better place for them and the future generation of people.

Four carried her cold body out of the building, Eric and Luna was waiting outside, his face emotionless, he needed to be strong for Belle. They slowly gathered their things and travelled back to the city, knowing that there was something for them all now, that they didn't have to abide by the old laws anymore, and that people could be free from the factions and travel around wherever they pleased.

That was something to look forward too.

2 and a half years later

Eric and I swung Luna between us as we walked down the street, we were meeting at Tobias' place today. After everything, he decided he wanted to hear his name, and not be called Four anymore. Today was going to be a special and hard day, Tobias had decided it was time to scatter Tris' ashes, I was supportive of his decision, he was finally moving on and starting afresh, even if it wasn't with Tris at his side, he always had their memories of them together.

Luna had recently turned 2, she calls Tobias 'Uncle Toby', because she finds it hard to say Tobias, it's adorable to hear. Eric spoils her rotten, but so does Tobias, he loves Luna to pieces.

The faction system has totally been abolished, people live life normal, working normal jobs, traits are no longer important for what you do in life, it's as long as you can do it, you can. Eric had taken a job in law enforcement, it seem right seeing as he lead a faction and had the skills to make sure people abided by the law, I just stayed at home with Luna, seeing as she wasn't the appropriate age for school yet.

When we got to Tobias' house, he was already standing outside, the urn in which held Tris' ashes in his hands, Eric and I let go of Luna's hands as she ran towards Tobias, giggling and laughing he caught her. Eric still hadn't kept his promise that he made before he and Tobias saved Tris from Erudite, Luna was still a single child but there was still time for that, we were just enjoying things the way it was now.

All of us had walked together to a local park. The city had been cleaned up tremendously, and the city looked amazing and safe. The wind picked up when we got there as Tobias looked at the urn in his hands. His thumb ran across it before he took the lid off, throwing the ashes in the air, we all watched as is slowly disappeared with the wind, some of it scattered in the grass, but that would soon change if the weather changed.

For the first time in a while, I saw Tobias smile a real smile.

Then I knew things were going up from then on.