Chapter 6- Please Don't Be In Love With Someone Else

Taylor hadn't been able to sleep for most of the night. Karlie had soon been out like a light, her head slumped on Taylor's chest so she was unable to move to retire to her own bed. So instead, she stayed there, staring at the ceiling, desperately trying to dissect her feelings. How had she fallen so quickly? Then she looked back down to the sleeping model nuzzled against her, and it was clear to her. Maybe it was a cliché, and she would regret this thought, but in her mind, Karlie was perfect. Not a perfect person, no one could ever achieve that, but maybe she was the perfect person for her. No one could deny that they had chemistry; there was constant flirting between the two. It was impossible to ignore. They had a connection, it was obvious, right? But then the doubts came creeping in. What if Karlie was just another Dianna? Maybe Taylor hadn't learned a thing from her past, and she was reading the wrong signals all over again. Yes, it was different this time, in the sense that Karlie wasn't heterosexual, but that didn't mean she had to be attracted to Taylor. The hugs, the hand holding, the lingering stares: maybe that was how Karlie treated all her friends. Taylor let out a deep sigh. She couldn't do this, she couldn't put her head and her heart through all the confusion and 'what if's all over again. But what if it was worth it? Her mind felt so conflicted, and it didn't help that Karlie's incredible scent was more overpowering than ever.

I really like her.

She must have fallen asleep eventually, because the next thing she remembered was the feel of a hand stroking her hair softly, and a soothing voice in her ear murmured "Good morning lovely." For the second morning in a row, Taylor woke up a massive smile on her face.

"Morning," she mumbled, slowly opening her eyes. There was Karlie, already dressed, smiling down on her. The morning sun was streaming through the curtains and coating the model's short curls in its brightness, making her hair positively glow. For a moment Taylor forgot how to breathe. This is how she wanted to wake up every morning.

"How come you're already dressed?" Taylor asked, a little disappointed that they didn't have more time to just cuddle up in bed together.

"Because we need to be leaving soon, and I wanted to take you for breakfast before we leave Big Sur," Karlie explained. Taylor's heart sank as she remembered that this was their last day together. Sighing, she rolled over to face away from her, and buried herself under the covers.

"Tay, what are you doing?" She heard Karlie laugh.

"I don't wanna go," she replied in a muffled voice. Karlie sighed.

"Neither do I, but unfortunately life goes on. Time doesn't stop for anyone, even you I'm afraid."

Why did she always have to be right? Kicking back the covers, Taylor reluctantly climbed out of bed.

Once again, they spent time packing up their belongings, and the body guards loaded them into the car.

"I'm driving this time," Karlie grinned, opening the driver's door and climbing inside.

"Where exactly are you taking me?" Taylor laughed, clambering in beside her.

"Oh it's just this little place I googled this morning," she responded, putting the key in the ignition, setting the car into life.

"It'd better be nice then." Taylor reached for her sunglasses from the glove box, put them on and lay back in her seat. She actually appreciated the break from driving, and she liked that Karlie was taking her somewhere. Just like a date, she joked in her thoughts. No, she shouldn't be thinking about that. She shook it off, and turned to her phone to distract her, flicking through her apps.

Eventually they pulled in at a little café not far from the forest park they had visited yesterday. Karlie had factored in Taylor's need for somewhere quiet when choosing their destination and Taylor was internally grateful for it; only a couple of customers were present when the two women walked inside.