Chapter 12- Capture it, Remember it

A range of sounds bounced off the walls, creating an echo around the room, as the perfect assortment of instruments were brought into synchronisation with Taylor's voice. She couldn't stop smiling as she sung all the right notes of the latest song she was working on into the microphone. Everything was finally coming together, and it sounded pretty good. She was currently in her studio, the place where she felt most creative, and most motivated. Right now, she was working on her album, and it truly felt like it was progressing into something special, something better than she had ever created before.
As she finished singing the final word, she was met with the sound of clapping from one of her producers, Max Martin.
"That was perfect, Taylor!" He cried, taking his headphones off and placing them around his neck. "This song is going to be incredible!"
"The whole album's going to be incredible at this rate!" Taylor bounced out of the recording section into the main studio room and threw her arms around Max in a celebratory embrace.
"I reckon so!" She felt him laugh, his beard tickling her neck. "I reckon we just need a couple more songs recorded and we'll be all set for a full album's worth." She nodded in agreement as they parted from the hug.
"Yeah totally, there's one song I'm still working on at the moment, I'm not totally happy with the lyrics, but once it's done, I'd really like it to be on the album."
"Of course, there's plenty of time so don't worry, you cannot rush art as they say," he said, reaching for the desk behind him to hand her a pair of headphones. "Now, come listen to what the final version of this one you've just done sounds like. Personally, I think it is almost perfect."
Taylor grinned as she followed him to the mixing deck. She loved that she got to work with people like Max, people who were just as passionate about music as she was.

"Yes Jourdan, I promise I'll let you know when I get there," Karlie laughed.
"You'd better! And I want updates as soon as they happen!" Jourdan's voice ordered from the other end of the phone.
"I'm sure there won't be much to report."
It's your first proper date! Of course there will be!"
"We'll see," Karlie replied coyly.
"I still can't believe this is real. You and Taylor Swift!"
Neither can I Jourd, believe me." Karlie shook her head in her own disbelief as if Jourdan could see her. "Right, I really have to go now, I have a flight to catch."
"Okay, babe, text me later!" She heard Jourdan say before she hung up the phone. Jourdan was the only friend Karlie had told about her and Taylor so far; she didn't want to tell the rest of her friends just yet whilst everything was all new, and she didn't want to let anything leak out to more public outlets. But she trusted Jourdan with her life, and she'd needed to tell someone, and since then Jourdan had appeared more excited than she was about the whole affair, squealing down the phone, and rambling on about how well suited her and Taylor were. She had gushed about how happy she was for Karlie, demanding to know every single detail of the time the two had spent together.
Shaking her head and grinning at the thought of her friend's sudden overinvestment in her life, Karlie picked up her resting suitcase from the ground, and headed into the airport.

It had been a few weeks since she'd seen Taylor, in person anyway. The two of them had Skyped several times during this period. It was during one of their Skype calls that Karlie had suggested coming to see Taylor in Nashville.
"Really? You would come here?" Taylor had asked excitedly.
"Yeah of course! I have a couple of relatives who live in Nashville so I can stay with them for a bit, and that means we can spend time together too!" she'd said, already making a mental list of activities they could do in her head. Then she'd had an amazing idea.
"I'm going to take you out on our first proper date!" she'd announced.
"Oh yeah?" Taylor grinned. "What are we doing then?"
"It's a surprise," Karlie had replied, with a mischievous smile on her face.
"Aww Karlieeee come on! Tell me! Pleeease!" Taylor begged.
"Nope," she had shaken her head stubbornly. "Not until I come pick you up."
"Pick me up? But you're the one visiting me! I should be the one picking you up!"
"I want to do this properly; it's my date so I'll be picking you up."
Taylor had shaken her head at her, unable to stop smiling. "Okay, if you say so, Kloss."
"I do. I will see you soon Tay," the model had blown her a kiss before ending the call.