Chapter 25- Are We Out of the Woods?

Karlie.

It was really her. Standing right in front of her. She wasn't dreaming. Taylor was so utterly in shock that she was rendered speechless, as she stared at the girl she had been trying so desperately hard to get over.

"Hey." Karlie said finally, looking at her sheepishly. "I liked your song."

"How...just...how did you even get in here?" Taylor managed to croak. Why was she here? Why now? Just when she had finally felt like she was ready to move on, here she was, gazing into her soul with guilt ridden eyes. Was she expecting her to be happy she was here? To casually join in on the party like nothing had happened? Like she hadn't hindered everything they could have been?

"Cara let me in."

Taylor felt positively confused at this. She wasn't sure if she should be angry with Cara or not. She hadn't exactly asked Taylor if Karlie could come over to her house. Did she even know anything about their situation? As she kept staring at Karlie, she could feel the anger creeping in.

"What are you doing here, Karlie?"

"I...I wanted to talk," the model replied nervously.

Taylor scoffed. "Talk? You've had plenty of time to talk. Don't you think you've kept me waiting long enough? Why should I even give you the time of day?"

Karlie looked stung. Good. She should be feeling as shit as I have for the past few days.

Everyone could tell there was tension in the room. Taylor could feel all eyes in the room on her as she glared at the model standing in front of her. Then suddenly Cara was standing in between them.

"Hey guys, maybe we should go outside and have a chat."

Before Taylor could even protest, Cara had taken her arm and was now leading the both of them out of the lounge and into the hallway.

"Sorry, Cara, but I don't think I have anything to say." Taylor knew her hurt was making her defensive and closed off, but she didn't care right now. It was too late to salvage anything, she'd drilled it into herself that Karlie didn't want her, and that was that.

"Please, Tay, give her a chance-"

"It's okay Cara, I can speak for myself," Karlie interrupted. Cara put her hands up in surrender, and took a step back, letting the two face each other once more.

"I'm sorry I showed up here uninvited, I wanted to make a gesture. I knew Cara, Gigi and Martha were coming to see you, and I asked them not to tell you because I wanted to surprise you."

Taylor looked over to Cara for confirmation of this, to see that she was nodding her head violently along with Karlie's words.

"Karlie told me about what's been going on between you two, and I wanted to help. I'm sorry if I've angered you and ruined your night, Tay." Cara said turning to her, a genuinely remorseful looking expression on her face. Taylor exhaled deeply. What could she do? She was so angry with Karlie; her head was doing a good job of convincing her that she didn't want to listen to her talk right now. But she knew that deep down in her heart that it would haunt her if she didn't hear her out. She would always wonder what would have been if she turned her away now.

"Okay, fine, we can talk upstairs," Taylor agreed finally, turning to Karlie. Karlie gave her a small, grateful smile.

"I'm not happy, but I'm willing to hear you out. I'll listen to whatever excuses you might have cooked up." Taylor said, coldly. She was nowhere near letting Karlie off the hook, and she needed her to know that.

"Okay I'll leave you guys to it and entertain everyone else for a bit," Cara said, welcome for the excuse to to escape the cloud of tension which occupied the hallway, and dashed back into the lounge.

Kaylor: Perfect StormsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara