Layla- Regret or Revenge?

Layla

Pic of Layla to the side

"No, I don't know what you're talking about." I said into the phone, stepping out of my car.

My friend Bay from Canada was talking to me. We used to be best of friends until she moved.

"We're called Canadians, Layla." Bay huffed, I heard shuffling on the other side of the phone. I rearranged myself so I was holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder so both my hands were free when I bent down to grab my books from the passenger seat.

"No, it's Canaders." I argued, rolling my eyes. I knew they were Canadians, but I liked to bug her no less.

"Layla!" Bay yelled in outrage and I laughed as I made my way up the steps. People were watching me, probably stunned by my sudden 360. Friday I had left the school wearing baggy clothes as usual and with my head down, using Karsen as my support as he held my hand. I was standing on my own now.

I wore a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a 'Say Something, I Dare You' shirt on. I knew I looked good today, I was practically glowing. I was so happy with my progress with Tony. And yesterday he had pointed out the change in me. I told him about the bullying and he flat out called me pathetic, but that was what I had always liked about Tony. He told you the truth wether it was hurtful or not.

After some prodding I finally agreed that it did make me seem like a no spine weakling to use Karsen as my defender and to try to hide myself with the clothes and masking my personality.

So today, confident Layla was back. I hadn't realized how much I missed her until this morning when I looked at myself in the mirror and my confidence shot up.

I opened the door, still playfully fighting with Bay about Canadian culture. I grabbed my stuff and entered first period going to sit by Bradley who looked surprised, but happy at my attitude.

"Yeah, I get it. Canaders don't say aye after every sentence." I complied, stifling a laugh.

"LAYLA IT'S CANADIANS!" Bay screeched, and this time I couldn't hold in my giggles.

"Yeah, I know. I was just teasing. Well, I'm at stupid, boring, useless, uneducational, bland, mediocre, fun bummin school. So I gotta go."

I heard a chuckle from the other end," 'Kay Lay." This was our thing, sinc our names ryhmed with 'kay. Get it? No, ok.

" 'Kay Bay." I replied," Loves ya, babe!" We both hung up.

I looked around, a few people were staring at me. I waved, smiling brightly and whispered," Hi guys." They turned around, some snorting at my behavior.

"Well, well." Bradley drawled from beside me. I raised an eyebrow at him," Well?" I echoed.

"Who are you and what have you done with Layla?" He demanded, making me frown a little.

"Nothing, you should be asking why the girl from Friday took me away for a while." Then I smiled perkily," But I'm back in business."

He grinned," Welcome back."

I flicked my hand at him," Thanks."

Then he seemed to realize something," Where's your hip attatchment?" He asked. I knew immediately who he was talking about. Karsen. He called us that becuase for the past couple of weeks we had been inseparable.

I glowered," Dead in a hole, I hope."

Bradley sighed," Oh, so he told you."

My lips puckered as I watched him," Told me what?" Interest sparked a small flame of curiosity in me as I leaned forward in anticipation.