Chapter 11

Suzanne Collins owns the rights to the characters!

Chapter 11

"When did you get engaged?" I ask.

"That's different." She says.

"How? My boyfriend and I have money?"

"That it wasn't forced!" She shouts.

"It's not forced! I love him."

"You don't. The Capitol wants you to marry," she says stubbornly.

"Yeah. And we want to, too. Where did you get this information?!"

"I'm not oblivious. I was kind of listening to you and President Snow in the study." She says staring at the floor. Funny. President Snow would have a fit.

"I love him. More than my life. Some just think I don't love him. There is always going to be some doubters." I smile at the floor, slightly embarrassed. Mom and I have been fighting over this for months. She should have just told me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't listen to only one side of the story," she says looking at the floor embarrassed.

"You could have told me you heard! Do not tell Prim I don't want her to worry." I say staring at Prim's door, but she's at school by now.

"I don't want to worry her."

"So we aren't mad at each other anymore right?"

"No," she chuckles. Understanding each other again or not I still think she would flip out that I'm pregnant.

"I am happy you found Peeta. You seem happy for once."

"I am except when I have nightmares." Chills creep up my spine at the mere thought. "Or when I think back."

"I could understand why you wouldn't be happy thinking of that. I better go." She starts walking toward the door.

Well at least we aren't fighting anymore, and she didn't ask for an update on whether we failed or not, which we did.

"Hey, so how did that go with your mother?" Peeta asks sitting next to me on the bed.

"She heard my conversation with Snow. So she thought I really hated you, that's why she's been mad about it." I laugh and give an eye roll.

"She knows we failed?" Peeta raises his eyebrows in question.

"She didn't ask, I didn't tell." Peeta rolls his eyes.

"Of course."

"Would you have told your Mom?"

"No, but that's because I don't like my mom. I would consider it with my Dad." I raise my eyebrows.

"I haven't told anyone. Don't worry." That is a weight lifted off my shoulders.

There ends up being a blizzard, so Peeta cannot go home. I couldn't be happier. My Mother doesn't seem to care now that we worked it out and Prim is happy. We play cards and every time I lose. Peeta has won two out of three games. And I lose, again for the third time. "What the-"

"Katniss!" Mother shouts knowing what I was about to say.

Peeta and Prim are trying not to laugh. Soon enough it's time for bed, and shockingly my mother doesn't object to Peeta staying in my room. Peeta called his parents before dinner saying the storm was getting worse, and he didn't want to walk home in it. His father didn't care. No shocker there. His dad seems to be a lot more mellow and his mom not so much.

"How long do you think the storm will last?" I ask as Peeta wraps his arms around me.

"Seems like its still storming. You can hear it on the roof."