Chapter 19

Disclaimer: Suzanne Collins owns the characters and the main plots. I however, do have some changes to her original story. Making this FANFICTION, not the real story!

Chapter 19

At around two in the morning I give up on going to sleep for thirty minutes and waking up with a nightmare. I roll over to check if Peeta's awake, before I say anything. If one of us is having a good nights sleep tonight, that will be a miracle. Of course we are not though.

Peeta is laying on his side, asleep but it sure is not peaceful. His face keeps scrunching up, and I know he is having a nightmare.

*Ring Ring* That's sounds like the telephone, which we have right next to the bed, but who would be calling in middle of the night?

"Umm.. Hello?" I ask to whomever the person is.

"Katniss Mellark?" My mother's calm steady voice asks me. How on earth did she even get this number? Is it even legal for her to call me while at the training center? Probably not, but I guess she figured a way around it..

"It's me, mom." I say breathlessly into the phone.

"I'm so glad I got ahold of you. First I found Cinna's number that you wrote down, and he told me he thought this was it, and he was right."

"Is it illegal to call someone in the training center?" I worked so hard to keep them safe, she can not have ruined it in one night.

"I don't think anyone's needed to make a law about it before. When we got the house the told us we're allowed to call people in the Capitol and you're in the Capitol." I guess that's true..

"Technically not then." I smirk and sit up a little, instead of lying down.

"Nope."

"Why did you call me?" I ask her curiously.

"Everyone in the District has been marching up to our porch and demanding to know if everything Peeta said in the interview was real. Peeta's mother left being tugged away by her husband, screaming at me screaming that I must know something. And I honestly have no clue about half of it." She explains grumpy. Peeta's mother is something else. If I win, she will be nowhere near her grandchild.

"I am a little over six months pregnant." I blurt out. Is she going to yell at me? Is she going to hang up?

"I thought so, considering you are married, but I had to know for sure. Why do you not look pregnant anymore?"

"Cinna gave me a coverup for it that Capitol women use. Do you have any doctors recommendations for the arena?" I ask. God forbid I miscarry in the arena, what a mess Peeta and I'd be.

"Let Peeta do the heavy lifting, and do not try to do everything, if Peeta can and it looks hard don't do it."

"Okay, will try my best." The very best I can in the arena full of people trying to kill us. After a few seconds of awkward silence she finally asks the question.

"Before the quarter quell announcement, were you even going to tell me?"

Eventually, I would need a doctor to deliver the baby. "Yeah, I just did not really know how. I was planning to give it to Sae that way it would have little chance of going in the games. That didn't work out like planned though.."

"Katniss are you going to try to come home?" Mom asks quietly. She has wanted to ask it for a while, probably since the announcement, but she finally asks it now. The thought has been nagging me in the back of the head for days; should I really die and kill my baby in the process? Or should I kill Peeta in the process and save myself and our baby? I know I argued with Peeta about my decision, but I'm not sure if that decision is right. Ever since the baby started kicking, it became so much more real, like an actual human. Peeta and I's child.