Chapter 17

Disclaimer: I don't own Katniss and Peeta or any of the other characters. Suzanne Collins owns it all.

I can't believe I did that. I probably just killed Peeta. That wasn't my intention, but, they'll probably attack me and he'll get caught up in it. I'm such an idiot! I'm about to go in my room and mope when I remember I share it with Peeta now. And I just don't want him to see me cry anymore. I start walking into the TV room when I feel someone grab me from behind. I knot my hand in a fist ready to strike, but turn to realize it's only Peeta.

"Wow. Calm down Katniss it's just me.." He says quietly. He let's go of my waist and walks around to my front. How could I have almost punched him? I'm an even bigger idiot than before!

"I'm sorry I.. Training has just gotten me all messed up." He looks down at me smiling.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have grabbed you without letting you know I was here." He's apologizing? He didn't do anything wrong!

"Peeta you're my husband, you are supposed to grab my waist without being punched." He just smiles the most silly smile. A Peeta smile, and my favorite.

"In ordinary marriages that's true, but we aren't in an ordinary marriage." He points out. I just nod my head. I stand up on my tip toes and give him a kiss.

"I love you," I say when we are finished kissing.

"I love you too." He says smiling. We lay on the couch and talk about the most random things. My legs are laying on top of his and he's tickling my feet. I love this. Just acting like a normal couple for one of the first times ever. Everyone leaves us alone, which we are thankful for.

"So what did you do for the Gamemakers?" Peeta asks.

Uh oh.. "I hung a dummy.." I say quietly. He nods his head. "..and painted Seneca Crane's name on it.."

He looks at me applaud by my actions. His striking blue eyes lock on mine immediately.

"Did you see what I did?" He asks smiling slightly. The floor cleaner. Covering it up.

"You painted, didn't you? What was it?" I ask smirking.

"I painted Rue. After you covered her with flowers." I nod sadly.

"You'd think we planned it!" Peeta says laughing. I imagine that's precisely what the Gamemakers thought.

"Great minds think alike," I repeat the old saying my father used to say. He smiles broadly and rolls his eyes.

"Lovebirds we'd kind of like to watch the scores," Haymitch says after a while.

"Fine," I claim in a monotone. I move over to make room for everyone.

"I probably got a 1. Or a 0." I whisper to Peeta. He just nods. Probably the both of us. Caesar starts dealing out the scores the Careers mostly get 9's or 8's, everyone else gets a little lower.

"Katniss Everdeen Mellark gets a 12!" Caesar announces. What?!

"And Peeta Mellark with a 12! Looks like District 12 has the 12's this year!" Okay what's going on?.. We look over at Haymitch who is staring at us with the utmost confusion.

"What did you idiot teenagers do now!?" He shouts.

"You see Haymitch, I got kind of carried away and painted Rue. After Katniss covered her in flowers.." Peeta explains. Haymitch stands up and starts pacing. Soon he'll be calling for a drink.

"That sort of thing it's forbidden, Peeta. Forbidden." Effie says with her eyes closed, and fingers to her temples. I have to get this attention off him.