The Theater

The moment Harry appeared within the entryway to the Flamel Estate, he was swept up by Selene, who locked her arms around his and whisked him off.

Strangely enough, while his reaction was subdued, the feeling that coursed through his body, an impossible to deny warmth and strange tightness in his loins, was stronger this time than it had been yesterday. He wondered if this was due, in part, because of how he reacted to Lisa.

"Amore, you have been a very naughty young man."

There was something about the way she said this that made Harry unsure of what his reaction should be. Should he blush like middle school girl, or shiver in fear? Naturally, he ended up doing both.

"I am?" he asked

"Yes," Selene said, smiling at him in an even stranger fashion than usual. It was still predatory, but there was something distinctly different about it. "You did not tell that me it was your birthday yesterday."

At her words, Harry paled.

He hoped nothing unpleasant came from this. Considering her smile, he did not have much hope.

XoX

Harry wondered if all women possessed some kind of innate power over men. From all of the observations he had made, all signs pointed towards that being the case. Lisa's father rarely ever did anything to anger Misses Crawft and being delegated to "the couch." Whether this was a metaphorical couch or literally a couch Harry did not know. Tracey's was apparently "whipped," and Nicolas Flamel was often seen walking on eggshells with his wife whenever he said something Perennelle deemed to be stupid.

Granted, his teacher sometimes deserved it. He did say stupid and sometimes downright insulting words quite often. Then again, maybe Harry was being biased because of all the times Flamel had commented on his young age in order to get him riled up.

Whatever the case may be, Harry had determined that women held some kind of power over men that simply made it so that the male species would do the bidding of the female species with little fuss. Sometimes it came in the form of a look, a glare, a smile, large doe eyes that simply made saying 'no' impossible. Other times it came in the form of actions, a hug, a touch, a vice grip of herculean proportions that made it feel like ones arm was being crushed by unfathomable amounts of pressure. In Harry's case, it had been a combination of both.

Nicolas Flamel had given him the day off, claiming that since he was doing so well, he should take this time to relax.

"Have fun!"

Those had been his words right before Selene had dragged Harry away before the lecture planned for today could begin.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

Those had been the words Nicolas Flamel had added just as he and Selene had disappeared around the corner. For some reason beyond his understanding, hearing those words had given Harry the inexplicable urge to punch the man in the face.

Now walking down the streets of muggle Paris with Selene on his arm, Harry found himself taking in some more of the sights. He had not been to the non magical portion of Paris since rescuing Selene from her would be killers-slash-rapist, and he had never been there during the day. It was a much different experience than walking around the city at night.

For one thing, it was much busier during the day than it was at night. All around him were people walking to and fro, chatting with friends as they moved about in large groups with a few singles and couples thrown in for good measure. The tables at the cafes were filled with people talking. There was a large number of cars driving down the street. Harry even saw several large, Double-Decker buses filled with tourists taking pictures of anything and everything as they pointed and gawked.