The Voice in The Walls

It was early in the morning that Harry found himself practicing Quidditch Drills with the rest of the team. As had become the case since the second week of school, Oliver Wood had shown his fanaticism by making everyone in the team get up at the crack of dawn in order to begin training for Quidditch. Most of the team had groaned and moaned on their way to the locker rooms where they would get changed and ready.

Harry was very thankful he had already been awake at that time, having been about to head out with Neville and Hermione to exercise with them. He had been forced to leave the two and had asked them to inform Daphne and Susan about his absence and the reason why. He was sure they would understand.

Another thing to be thankful for was that Wood was only forcing them to do Quidditch practice three times ago instead of the traditional five. This was due in part to the fact that they had already proven themselves last year when they won the Quidditch Cup, but it was mostly because Angelina, Alicia and Katie had finally put their foot down and threatened their crazy captain with unimaginable amounts of pain if he forced them to practice five times a week.

Women, especially when teamed up together, could be downright frightening.

"Harry!"

Jerking the handle of his broom stick, Harry's body rotated along an axis. At the same time, his left hand shot out and snatched the Quaffe and tucked it under his arm as he completed rotation.

"Katie!"

Acting swiftly, Harry tossed the Quaffle towards Katie Bell, who caught it rather easily. He watched as she shot forward ahead of himself and the other two Chasers. Alicia came up behind her while he and Angelina moved off to the side to provide interference.

Meanwhile, Katie had just gotten within reach of the goal post. Wood was acting as the keeper for this practice session. Harry could see the man's face set in a mask of concentration, his eyes glinting as he stared unerringly at Katie as she flew in. At the last second, just as it looked like she was about to shoot a goal, Katie dropped the Quaffle, allowing Alicia to swoop down, grab it and toss it in the goal on the left.

Oliver, who had been prepared for Katie's shot, was left unprepared for when Alicia threw the Quaffle in the hoop opposite of where Katie looked like she was about throw her shot. The Quaffle went through the hoop, marking another successful play by them.

"Not bad, you lot," Oliver looked a tad miffed that he had missed the ball. Actually, he looked almost furious with himself. At the same time, he looked very proud of them for being able to sneak a shot passed him. "Just a few more drills and we're done for the day."

A chorus if groans met his words. No one aside from Wood wanted to be out there, practicing anymore. And while Harry did not groan with the rest of them, he did believe he had better things to do than practice drills he had gotten so good at that they were ingrained in his muscle memory. Things like looking at Daphne and Susan in their work out clothes.

Practice lasted for another half an hour before the fanatical Quidditch captain was satisfied. By the time practice was over, it was almost 8:00. They had missed breakfast.

Deciding he would get some food from the kitchens, Harry made his way into the Quidditch Locker rooms with the rest of his team, listening as they chatted away.

"I say, old chap. It looked like you were losing your touch out there."

"What are you talking about? I was beating that bludger black and blue. Are you sure you weren't looking in a mirror."

"No, no, it was definitely you I was looking at. Everyone knows that I am the more handsome twin."

"Says you. How can you be more handsome than my glorious self?"