A Feast with Friends

Albus Dumbledore sat behind his desk, studying several sheets of parchment. Each sheet contained information that would be necessary if he wanted to have that class on pure-blood etiquette, laws and traditions up and running by next year.

One sheet contained a long list of names of people who were knowledgeable about pure-blood traditions and etiquette and did not have any discrimination towards muggleborns, or First Generations, as Harry had dubbed them. There were over 50 individuals on that list, though several names stood out in prominence: Andromeda Tonks, Beatrix Shafiq and Phelix Fawley just to name a few. If he were to get someone to teach a class such as this, they would be the best ones for the job.

The other sheets contained mostly logistics. A lot went into making a new class. He would first need to decide upon a classroom and have it refurbished. After he found someone to teach the class, they would need to decide on pay and Dumbledore would have to see about getting them their own room in the castle.

He also needed to decide on class material. There were no books on wizarding culture and etiquette. Pure-blood fear and paranoia had ensured that. But without books to study from, learning about pure-blood ways would be much harder as it meant all students would have to go off of to learn were the lectures imparted by the teacher.

This was on top of the proposal he written up and sent to the Board of Governors. Many of them, he knew, would actually be intrigued by the idea, especially when they learned of who it came from. At the same time, many of those people who would be intrigued were easily swayed to change sides. If Lucius Malfoy decided to, he could put pressure on the other members and force them to go against the idea.

Dumbledore would prefer to get the Board of Governors on his side with as little hassle as possible, but even if Lucius decided to try and force the others into compliance with his demands, for a proposal like this, Albus Dumbledore was more than willing to use his own strong arm politics to convince them to let this class be created.

Technically speaking, he didn't actually need the Board of Governors to agree with him. They didn't really have any choice in what classes he could create within the Hogwarts curriculum. Their job as solely to ensure that Hogwarts education was meeting the high standards set for them. As one of the premiere schools of magic, it was important that they remained the best.

The only other idea of Harry's that they had determined was feasible at the moment was the creation of various school clubs. At the moment, there were no real clubs unless one counted Professor Burbage's Muggle Studies club, which was really just a get together with her and her students as they made food the muggle way and read various books written by muggles. And Dumbledore couldn't honestly call that a club.

School clubs, according to Harry, were student-based school organizations, consisting of administration-approved organizations functioning with myriads of tasks, varying on the specific purpose of each respective club. Clubs composed of students, with adults as advising figures to maintain the functionality of clubs.

Basically, it meant they were clubs that would focus on a specific subject and would be run the by students, but they would have a teacher acting as a faculty adviser to help ensure the club was running smoothly.

There had been several clubs that Harry himself had suggested; a Dueling Club, an Arithmency Club, a Runes Club, a Sports Club (that was not Quidditch) and a Debate Club (whose purpose was to allow people to have an intellectual conversation on a variety of school and non school related subjects), among several others. Dumbledore was not sure how many of those they could do (They only had so many teachers and a teacher could only advise one club before the work load became too much), but he had to admit that he was interested in the Sports and Debate Clubs, and Filius had been very interested in the idea of a Dueling Club.