First Generation

Harry Potter was nervous. It wasn't something he felt very often and it certainly wasn't something he enjoyed feeling, but he would not deny that right now, he was having a bad case of jitters.

The reason for this was due to the meeting he would be having with the Hogwarts staff today after lunch, where he would present several of the ideas he felt would be more easily accepted. He had a large number of idea's he felt would improve the school, but a good deal of them were very progressive.

Those ones would be met with much resistance, if not from the staff than from the Board of Governors (and Lucius Malfoy in particular). He planned on getting them all implemented eventually, but it was best to start out small and work ones way up, rather than try to change everything at once and fail because people had selective hearing.

"Are you alright?"

Snapping out of his thoughts at the sound of Susan's voice, Harry turned his head to look at the red haired girl, sitting on his left side. She was staring at him with a concerned gaze, though her cheeks did heat up a bit when their eyes met.

"Of course," Harry smiled, ignoring the way his stomach rebelled at the blatant lie. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You haven't eaten your lunch," Susan pointed out, "You've always told us that it's important to eat during meals so that you have enough energy to last throughout the rest of the day." Harry nearly cursed as his own words were used against him. It was really annoying to be on the receiving end of, well, that. It didn't help that Susan was right. "Are you nervous about your meeting with the staff today?"

Harry sighed, knowing there was no point in lying. "I guess I am. Well, maybe not so much the meeting itself," he rubbed his jaw, "I guess I'm just afraid of the possibility that I might actually fail. This will be the first step I've truly taken to make an impact in the world."

"I would say suing several companies until they're nearly broke is making quite the impact," Blaise commented with an amused glint in his eyes.

"Perhaps impact isn't the right word," Harry made to correct himself. "Change would probably be better. If the staff and Headmaster agrees with my ideas, then a large number of changes will come to Hogwarts, which could very well last for centuries to come. That's a much bigger deal than suing several companies for every penny they're worth in my opinion."

"And you're afraid that your ideas won't be accepted?" Lisa asked as she too found herself absorbed in the small conversation between Harry and Susan.

"Trolls? No problem. Death traps? Easy as pie to deal with. Throw a Dark Lord in his path and he confronts them head on. Set him up with a meeting between school staff and he caves," Tracey spoke with a grin. Well, she was grinning, until Hermione and Lisa both smacked her on the side of the head. "Owch!"

"You're not helping, Tracey," Hermione said with a sigh.

"Yeah, well, you didn't have to hit me," Tracey complained as she rubbed her head.

"Yes we did," Lisa retorted, "If we didn't, no one else would, and that definitely deserved a good smack."

"You're all horrible. I feel like I'm being used as everybody's punching bag."

"That's probably because you are being used as everybody's punching bag," Terry commented idly as he took a bite out of the bread on his plate.

"It was just a joke," Tracey muttered, before tossing Terry a glare. "And I don't want to hear that from someone who doesn't understand the meaning of fan loyalty."

"Just because I don't stick to rooting for a single Quidditch team, does not mean I'm not loyal," Terry defended himself. "My loyalty just happens to shift to whomever I feel has the greatest potential to win."