I

Camera flashes and news reporters invaded his space as soon as the doors of the Regal Konoha Hotel opened and let the young man out. 

About six to eight security guards—all tall, muscled men—led the young man to the sleek black limo that waited for him at the very end of the navy-blue carpet. The ANBU—the royal family's elite—hid themselves well just as they had trained in any case anyone decided to take aim for the boy's life or threaten it. As if that wasn't enough security, the hotel had snipers, men in black, lining the edge of the hotel roof as well as on the surrounding buildings. A couple of those men were also seen accompanying the young man, intimidating eyes hiding behind the dark pane of their sunglasses.

It only took about six seconds to hurry from the door to the vehicle, but those seconds were crucial. Luckily for the royal, there was no danger in sight and he was delivered to the limo successfully. The only thing the young Prince could not be saved from were the camera flashes capturing his tunning image—as always.

The limo was parked between two black cars in the front and two more in the back. Once the cars started moving, the young man relaxed and sat back as the limo was in motion towards their destination, Konoha's oldest palace: his home.

The ride was anything but short. Despite there being no traffic, it still took about an hour or so to get to the isolated residence that towered over Konoha's woods.

Today was his birthday and although his parents were long gone from this plane of existence, his brother, the current King, kept the tradition of hosting a ball for the young Prince, Sasuke Uchiha.

He had always been spoiled, being the youngest one in the family. Itachi, whom many joked would be jealous of the young one, turned out to be the one who contributed the most to Sasuke's luxurious lifestyle. The current King was humble and content with anything—everything else was for his little brother. And although it was his duty to protect his kingdom, nothing ever came first except his sibling.

Even during the devastation of the late King and Queen's passing, Itachi both spoiled and protected his brother by sending him off to wherever he wanted while Itachi continued to mourn. The maids of the royal family had had it tough, soothing a young Sasuke and presenting him with gifts whenever he called out for his mother and she was nowhere in sight.

In present time, Sasuke had thought back on it—thinking of how much his brother had sacrificed to keep him happy and appreciated the fact that Itachi was like that. Despite being spoiled beyond reason, Sasuke was no brat. He knew well when things could be given to him and when they couldn't—which was rarely.

There wasn't anything that could be refused from him. Whatever Sasuke wanted, Sasuke got.

That is... until this fateful day.