XVIII

Naruto, Kiba, and Shikamaru sat in silence as the Prince waited patiently for Naruto's answer. "Naruto..." Kiba whispered, "dude, he just asked you if you wanted to stay here."

Naruto nodded, his mouth slightly open as his blue eyes stared in wonder at the midnight dark eyes of the Prince. Shikamaru sat back, watching the blond make no other noise as he caught his breath. As observant as he was, he couldn't tell what Naruto was thinking.

"I'm sorry, you said what now?" He asked, making sure he heard right. Also because he couldn't exactly wrap his head around what was just asked.

"Stay with me. I promise you won't hate it. Plus, I'll even let your friends visit when they want. Just please say yes!" Sasuke pleaded, grabbing the stunned blond's hands in his.

Naruto smiled, looking down while his mouth closed and opened, still at a loss for words.

"Its decided, he said yes!" Shikamaru, unable to wait any longer, threw his hands up and celebrated with Kiba as the Prince shook his head with a wide smile on his face.

"Its settled, I'll have the maids have your room ready-wait, no- Anko!" Sasuke let go of Naruto's hand and rushed into the Palace. He didn't even offer an explanation of sorts, just ran.

"Wait, what just happened?" Naruto asked, slowly the shock fading. Kiba and Shikamaru chuckled in a mischievous way that had Naruto concerned.

After a few minutes, an argument could be hear coming in from the nearest arch. "You want me to what?" A woman appeared, next to her the Prince as he dragged her over.

"You heard me right, Anko. His room, my room, but like, in the same room." Sasuke tried explaining, making hand motions as if that'd help the lady understand better.

"My room?" Naruto asked. Kiba and Shikamaru laughed.

"You can't be serious," Shikamaru said, Kiba's arm leaning on his shoulder while his other arm slapped Shika's chest as he laughed.

"I'm not getting it." The woman, Anko, leaned on her right foot, her hand on her hips while she stared at the blond, a lollipop in her mouth while she tried to understand the Prince's rambling.

"Anko! You're not listening!" Sasuke desperately waved his hands in front of her.

"Well, duh, you're not making any sense." She laughed, eyeing the way Sasuke's cheeks gave off a faint pink as he got even more desperate trying to explain.

"Basically, his room and mine, into one." He huffed, clashing his hands together.

"Ahh, I see. You want me to get rid of the wall from your room and the room next door. Hey, isn't that Itachi's?"

"No, Anko, the other room next door."

"Ahh, okay." Anko thought about it, working out the details in her head. "Well, it can be finished in..." She counted on her fingers. "say maybe, three days?"

"No, make it one." Sasuke ordered, making Anko erupt into laughter.

"Sasuke, sweetheart, I still need Itachi's approval. No way it'll be done in one day. Not only that, I'm no miracle worker, as good as I am, it just can't be done." She chuckled.

"Let him sleep in your room, Sasuke. The bed's big enough." Tobi and Pein walked out into the gardens, joining Kiba and Shikamaru on the benches.

"Wait, explain, I'm lost." Naruto stood up, crossing his arms with a face of total confusion.

Sasuke turned to him and beamed, "Uzumaki Naruto, make a list of the things you need from your old home because from this day forward, you're stuck with me."

Kiba and Tobi high fived each other, jumping in joy while Pein and Shikamaru only nodded towards themselves.