XIII

All around him, spectators and reporters alike held their breath, not once daring to exhale or inhale for fear they'd miss out on something they felt was going to cause a commotion for sure. I mean, it had to be if the Prince was going out of his way to address something, plus: speaking for himself without his brother, the King, at his side? This must be interesting, for sure. 

Even those who weren't at the scene—those watching from home—sat on the edge of their chairs.

Naruto had a feeling, but wouldn't voice it. He thought that, if the Prince was going to say what he thought he was going to say, then why bother convince Kiba and Shikamaru of his adventures last night when the Prince himself can confirm those doubts of theirs?

"That's it," Sasuke speaks. "A prize in exchange for the information I want. If money is an incentive, then I'm willing to go as far as offering a million." No sooner had those words left his mouth when everyone around him began buzzing louder than before. Cameras flashed more consecutively and at one point, Naruto felt concern for the Prince's vision. Still, the young raven smiled triumphantly while the press grew louder and curious.

"Who are you looking for? Do we have a name?"

"Is this a matter of security? Are the ANBU of no help? Why take this to civilians?"

"Is this a possible love interest? Why go this far? Who are they?"

"Write this down," Sasuke spoke once again, and in that same breath, shut everyone down so he could speak. "Air this on every station you can; I want everyone to know. Who I'm looking for is a very dear friend of mine—"

And Sasuke is interrupted by a subtle "pfft" behind him; this being Deidara and Tobi being unable to hold their laughter at the label.

"—and the only thing I'll be willing to offer about him is his physical description: blue eyes, short-blond hair, and..." Sasuke pondered for a bit, wondering if he should mention the adorable whisker-like marks on the boy's cheeks. He thought about it, then decided no; that perhaps those around him would immediately know it's him. As much as he wanted the blond by his side as quickly as possible, he decided the safety of said blond was much more important. "... and that's it. For his safety, this is all."

Naruto smiled, feeling something in his stomach akin to happiness.

"Dude," Kiba and Shikamaru faced each other "A million."

"Your Highness, what about  a name?"

Naruto sat up, a full smile on his face. "He's looking for me," He whispers, but his friends are nosy by reflex and hear him.

"Quit being delusional," Kiba rolls his eyes, though he smiles either way.

"A name?" Sasuke, turned halfway as if to leave, asks. Then, he wonders.

The crowd grows silent; Sasuke unintentionally builds the suspense.

Even Kiba and Shikamaru—although doing nothing but watching—sat closer to the TV and watched quietly. 

"A name..." Sasuke says, and thinks that 'Naruto' is just another common name. But... how many Narutos are out there walking around with blue eyes and blond hair? Those traits were uncommon, now that he thought about it. "No name. Deidara here will direct you on where to call should you find someone matching the vague description." And that was it. Sasuke turned to leave and the crowd snapped pictures as he and the rest of his friends walked to the car. As mentioned, Deidara stayed behind to leave contact information before he, too, walked over and climbed in.

The last the trio saw on TV was how agents pushed back anyone who tried getting closer to the car or tried to block it. It was a mess and there was a tinge of lack of communication, but Sasuke had known it'd be this way; he went out without alerting Kurenai or Iruka, after all, and boy did he have a long lecture waiting for him when he got back.