XII

The room fell in a deep, tormenting silence as they all entertained the ridiculously named plan Deidara had thrown out. Actually—Deidara hadn't specifically said anything but the name, which only made matters worse for the natural blonde as he was still standing there, face hopeful and all while all the others did was look at him in silence with no response or question to his plan whatsoever.

"Guys, it's been three minutes or something... please speak," Deidara—late—began getting embarrassed and shy. The silence was tense for him, yet to the others, it was actually kind of funny. Even Tobi couldn't help himself and smile with pity towards the model. "This is ridiculous; my dignity cannot die like this, I beg you."

"Dei... calling it 'The Cinderella Plan' is... something. It sounds so... cheesy," Sasuke says, and joins Tobi in pitying the flushed-red blond. Though, he did make things less awkward somehow and managed to save whatever dignity the young-adult had left. At least, they were finally speaking.

"It fits! And it matters!" Deidara pouts, raising both hands in the air as if said action automatically gave him points and was correct. "I mean," And he stutters a bit as all eyes are on him and he's left to explain the plan. "You'll basically be doing something similar to the Prince in the story..."

Pein, still skeptical, rubbed his chin in wonder. "How, though?"

Deidara smiled, fire lighting his eyes once again and now he appeared to be a lot more enthusiastic. "We'll go out and release a statement to the press! We'll intentionally seek them out and in exchange for an interview of the sorts, we tell them about the runaway blond! Maybe we can even offer some type of reward or something if they manage to bring him to us or tell us where he lives!"

"I don't know, Dei," Sasuke shuffles to lean on his other foot. "Sounds more like an invasion of privacy and people will go crazy."

"Mm," Pein agrees. "What if the boy doesn't want attention? What if he's in a situation where the people around him will turn on him? Greed does things to people, Dei."

The four of them fall silent again.

"B-but!" Tobi chimes in before anyone else can. "What if we don't give too many specific details? Maybe even say something only the other boy will be able to understand?"

"That... could work," Pein slowly nods, and nothing more is said. They all nod in some sort of agreement before they all start walking to the kitchen. It isn't until they're halfway there that Sasuke stops and almost causes all of them to bump into each other and trip.

"But to bring the press in just for that?" He asks.

"Eh?"

"I mean, don't you think that's too much? Itachi will get mad if I even answer a 'hello' from them."

"Well it's not like you'll be calling them to come here," Deidara rolls his eyes, as if he was sure Sasuke already knew the details and he was tired of repeating them all over again. Then again, he thinks, he didn't really mention anything about his plot to how to do things. "Oh," He murmurs, then walks over to stand in front of them. "Well, we know the press is quick to know your every move, right?"

"Creepy, but yes."

"Alright, then it shouldn't be that much of a problem. We won't be calling them here, but we will go out and get their attention."

"They're not that fast, though. At most, we'll have to wait an hour or so before everyone gets word that he's out and about," Tobi adds.

Deidara shrugs. "Shopping, my friend. We can also go out and eat, after all, crowded places are the best for when we want news to spread fast."