Chapter 1

Hi there.The names Tasha McCarthy and I'm just nobody. I don't understand why someone was interested in writing a book about me.

I'm a typical teenager that is just grey. I live at a foster home and as every orphan,i sometimes wish to be adopted by a rich famous couple. But over time I've realised that family doesn't mean having a real home with adopted or biological parents. It's all about being able to have close people whom you love and appreciate at all times. It's like marriage but with more people committed.

Right now I'm doing my homework. Oh and I'm also a genius at school. I've got dinner in an hour and I need a shower and many hours of sleep.

"Tasha, dinner's in an hour!", mom shouted from downstairs.

She raised me all my life and i feel the need to call her my mother because she deserves to.

She knew my mom, and yes i know that's strange but she came one day and told her that she has a baby and an abusive boyfriend who won't appreciate that she has a newborn baby.

She was lucky she didn't miscarriage me because he used to hit her every day and so she asked my mom if she could raise me for a while, while she could think about how to get rid of her boyfriend. It's been a whole 17 years and i guess it has to be a great plan. She never came back. I'm not angry at her for what she did and i do appreciate it and having Rachael in my life is worth it. She's nice and lovable and she takes care of us.

The warm water splashed all over my body as i wondered why the hell I'm thinking about my bio mom because it's been a while since I thought about her all I could get out of Rachael is her name only, Melissa McCarthy and that she was a nurse at a nearby hospital and she made it clear that if i ever tried to reach out to her i would wish she never sent me here in the first place. That was the first time i ever saw her being serious and she looked kinda like fierce.

Hearing the sound of my twin brothers fighting over a chair next to mom snapped me out of my thoughts and i realised I'm late for dinner. And she doesn't take it well, she gives you this whole 20 minutes speech about how it is important to make it in time for dinner and nobody eats until she finishes and do believe me you lose your appetite and she forces you to finish the food.

She's a great cook and every night you get surprised by the food she prepares, the latest cuisine and fresh ingredients.

I usually help her sometimes but you end up doing nothing but chopping onions and peppers while she does the rest.

"Tasha dinner's ready!",she called out. Wearing my simple jeans and t-shirt and quickly went down the stairs to find every one getting ready.

"What took you so long to get ready?", mom asked and as i was going to reply she stared at me as a gesture to sit down and dig in.I took a sit across from mom in a medium sized dinner table as I was joining my 12 year old sister,Megan,identical 10 year old brothers, Hayden and Sam,

7 year old cute Crystal and 3 year old little brother Justin.

And not forgetting the person who is responsible for us all being present in this table the 41 year old Rachael Williams aka mom.

"So guys how was your day?", i blurted out wondering about their responses. They all started talking not giving each other time to listen and even mom started to share with us what she did the whole day, i couldn't hear what she was saying because the twins just started to scream in frustration. I did this one time and i ate and left them sharing their not so interesting stories and no one seemed to care even mom. But this time i was prepared...

This is my family and we're happy and close enough to everything even love and laughter