Chapter 33

*The dress*

I think I made a couple of wrong turns but in the end, here I was parking outside the Hoffman residence. I was nervous, couldn't get out of the car. You can do this Tasha, you have blessings and this is okay, you want this! Now go get your man.

I ringed the bell and Charlie opened the giant double door.
"Tasha," she was surprised to see me and I don't blame her.
"Hey, I'm looking for Alex?" I said.
"Come in," she seemed a little down maybe it's because she just woke up.
"Can I get you something?" She asked.
"No thank you, I need to talk to Alex," I said.

"He's going through a lot Tasha, I suggest you leave him alone," she said.
"Excuse me?" I asked.
"You heard me, he doesn't need this right now," she said.
"I'm not sure what he's told you but I can explain," I said.
"No! Let me explain this, he's my best friend and I care about him and I can't let you play him, he gave you his heart and you shoved it in his face, I thought I knew you," she said.

"Charlie please," I begged.
"No! Why? Why did you do that to him last night, when he needed you most?" She asked.
"I like him, Charlie," I found myself saying.
"It's a little too late for that," she said.
"What do you mean?"I asked.
"He's gone Tasha," she said.
"What? I don't get it," I said.
"Take a seat," she said. And I did as she said.

"I don't know how to say this but Alex's mom died," she cried.
"No,no,no," I didn't believe her.
"It's true, Alex left this morning to go and identify her and bring her home," she cried.
"I'm so sorry Charlie," I embraced her.
"He's all alone," she said.

"Do you think he already left the country?" I asked.
"I don't know," she said wondering what I was up to.
"Well I guess I have to find out," I stood up.
"Good luck!" She yelled as I got in the car.
I arrived at the airport and it was crowded. On the way I tried to call Alex but it hit voicemail.

Alex where are you, I went to ask if the first flight to Mauritius had already left and luckily it hadn't.
Which means that he's here, I looked and looked and there he was, sitting down with his earphones on. I set down next to him and his eyes were closed. I gently placed my hand on his thigh and it scared him a bit.
"Alex," my eyes got teary as I looked at him.
"What are you doing here?" He asked rudely.
"Alex I'm so sorry," I apologized.

He just kept quiet and didn't look at me.
"Look at me," at said.
"Alex please look at me," I exhaled. I couldn't hold back the tears.
"Why are you here?" He asked not looking at me.
"Alex I want you to know that I'm here and I'm never gonna leave," I said.
"Anything else?" He asked.
"I'm so sorry," I said.

He put back his earphones and closed his eyes.
"Alex," I got in front of him on my knees.
"What!" He exclaimed.
"Please forgive me," I begged.
"Since you're so desperate and by the way it doesn't suit you, I forgive you now do you mind?" He asked.
"Please talk to me," I said.
"Talk? You wanna talk?" He chuckled.
"Yes," I said.

"Well talk, you have about two minutes and I have to go," he said.
"Okay, I didn't have time to prepare my apology so here goes nothing, ever since I met you my life changed, before I never thought I could speak fluently with boys, I thought there was this language in order to communicate, but here I am apologizing to you for standing you up even though I have feelings for you, I don't expect you to forgive me right away but please forgive me soon, I'm also deeply sorry about your mother and I want you to know that I'm here, I'm offering a shoulder to cry on," I said.

"Are you done?" He asked.
"Goodbye Alex," I turned around only to be stopped.
"Are you saying this out of pity?" He asked.
"No," I cupped his chick.
"When Shawn said he found my mother, I booked two tickets for me and you so that we can go fetch her," he said.
"What are you saying Alex?" I asked.
"Come with me," he said.
"Yes!" I smiled.
"What?" He asked.