Chapter 21 (part II)

..."You ate something that doesn't agree with you right? And you want to go home right now, right?" He asked.

"How?" I asked.
"Classic Kenzie," he smirked.
"I'm so sorry," I said.
"No I'm sorry, for putting you through all this," he apologised.
"But Alex, I do have to go," I said.
"No! Please stay," he begged.
"It's not that easy," I said.
Even though he knows that his ex is a jealous freak it doesn't make my life any easier.
"We can make it easy," he said.

"This was fun-" he cut me off.
"Come on," he grabbed my hand and escorted me outside
"You are not breaking up with me," he said.
"I believe I am," I felt tears, I was crying, I was crying?!
"What did she tell you?" He asked he was getting angry,
"Nothing," I said.
"Why are you protecting her?" He started to pace up and down.

"I'm not protecting her," I lied
"Oh, so is it the part where you say it's not you it's me?" He asked.
"I guess," I said.
"Please wipe your tears," he said. And I didn't, I just looked at him.
"Please let me go," I said.
"Wipe those tears because you wouldn't want me too," he insisted.

"I said let me go," I said firmly.He stopped, got close to me and looked me in the eyes. "Are you really gonna loose what we have and what we will have over her?" He asked.He sat down on the steps.
"Please don't make this harder for me," I joined him.
"I'm glad it's working," he said.

He wasn't the Alex I knew anymore, he was now the sad Alex I usually see hanging with his friends.
"Look McCarthy, I don't know what to say, you know how I feel about you, I like being around you, with Charlie gone I'm alone." He said.
"You know I won't replace your childhood best friend right?" I said.

"I know, but nobody deserves to be alone," he said.
"But you have your friends," I said.
"Can we please keep them out of this, they aren't the one's chickening out," he said.
"I'm going, before I say something I'll regret later," I stood up.

"You might as well say it since you're leaving for good," he followed me.
"I'm better than that actually," I said.
"Carthy, did she say or do something I don't know of?" He asked. Carthy? How sweet or maybe desperate but still sweet.
"No! Alex, I'm not ready for this!" I exclaimed.
"Oh well I tried," he said in a low voice.

"Yes you did," I smiled.
"Hey guys!" Charlie yelled as she ran towards us.
"Leaving already?" She asked.
Not realising the tension between us.
"Yeah I got to go home, oh and congratulations Mrs Terry but I got to say I'm not really fond of surprises." I smiled as I took her hand to see the ring.

"Oh is that why you're leaving so soon, please don't be mad at Alex because I was the one who put him up to this," she said.
"Don't worry about it,I forgave him the minute I saw you," I said.
"Thank you," she hugged me.
"No problem," I smiled.
"Alex are you taking her home?" She asked.

"Uhm... I don't know," he cleared his throat.
"No I'm gonna be okay," I said.
"No way I insist, come on you two go on for a drive and talk about whatever it is that made you mess up your make-up and take her home safe and sound.And don't forget to get everything out of chest and be on the same page if that's the matter," she sad.

I told Q to put on the waterproof mascara but she sad the non-waterproof one would do more drama since my theme was to have a clean make-up, look at me now I'm a mess and I didn't even drop that many tears,Ok I did!

"Don't you have a groom who's waiting for you?" Alex asked.
"He can wait all night, I just want to make sure that my best friend is okay," she said.
"Don't worry about me I'm a big boy now,"he said.
"you don't want to see him heartbroken, he's a mess, he literally can't take a broken heart, he cannot bare the sadness."

"It's good to know that you have my back always and that you'd never embarrass me," he said obviously being sarcastic.
"I love you Alex," she laughed.
"You know I love you too," he smiled.
"Oh and Kenzie's been looking around for you and don't worry I'll let her know that you aren't outside," she said and returned inside.