Chapter 28

"Hey it's me, Charlie," I picked up my phone.
"Charlie! Hi," I greeted.
"How is he?" She asked.
"I don't know,I haven't seen him today," I said.
"Uhm... I'm actually at his house right now and I just arrived, can you meet me at the hospital if you're not busy?" She asked.

"I'll see what I can do," I said.
"Okay I have to go," she hung up.
Wow! Okay. This will not turn up great.
What will I say to mom?
I quickly went downstairs to ask mom who was in the kitchen.
"Hey mom, can I ask you a favour?" I started.

"What do you want?" She asked.
"Nothing! I was just hoping that maybe I can go see him in the hospital," I exhaled.
"What! You're still thinking about that boy," she said.
"No!" I exclaimed.
"Don't raise your voice at me," she said.

"I'm sorry mom but please, his best friend who is a girl by the way asked me to accompany her while she visits him," I explained.
"No," she said.
"Mom you can't do that to me?" I said.
"I just did," she continued to peel the potatoes.
"Mom I'm begging you," I begged.

"Tasha you are grounded! Now go back to your room, don't you have homework to do? It's your senior year remember? No time for distractions," she said.
I walked upstairs to my room and crashed on my bed and tears started to come down.
Was I crying because of the way mom dismissed me or was it because I couldn't go see Alex?

Few minutes later Charlie called and said she was waiting for me. I lied and said I was babysitting and that it just came up. And of course I felt horrible, who wouldn't?
She bought it and was okay,
I told her to call me for any updates.
Stupid senior year!

It was Monday afternoon and I never felt so tired. I took my book that Alex gave to me and started to read it, just to buy time. I was sick of my room! To my surprise as I opened it I found a bookmaker that was customized by his photos and instantly I burst into tears.
But there was a smile on my face and these two words in my mouth- Oh Alex!

A message was written on the first page and it read:

To the most beautiful girl I haven't kissed yet, my wish grantee and hang out buddy.
Plz enjoy this book like I did and plz don't wrinkle it!

There's a bookmaker with me of course and besides now you have a picture of me.

-Stay cool and be on a look out for CARS!!!!
Love,
Alex G. Hoffman

Aaaah! I never got him anything. That was so sweet! And thoughtful.
I curled up in my bed and started to read...

Four chapters later Hayden was in my room giving dinner.He also gave me a hug and didn't say why, mom really doesn't want to see me.
Normally when you're grounded you still go out to have dinner with everyone.
I wasn't going to starve myself,I began to dig in.

Just as I was enjoying the food an incoming call interrupted me.
"Hello," it was Charlie.
"Hey Tasha, I just came back from the hospital," she said, her voice was full of sadness.
"How did it go?" I asked as I started to pace around my room.
"He fell into a comma but the doctor said he'll be alright," she said.

"How are you?" I asked.
"Right now I don't know, I mean he looked peaceful and at rest but what happened to him was sinister," she said.
"I'm so sorry Charlie," I apologized.
"It's okay, you should come and see him," she said.
"I don't know about that, just after the accident while he was in surgery I stumbled across Kenzie in the waiting room and we fought.

So the doctor said me and Kenzie shouldn't be in the same room with him, so it was either we choose who will see him or let him choose," I explained.
"That witch! What was she doing there in the first?" She asked.
"She was there for him," I exhaled.
"Whatever, so what's it going to be?" She asked.