Chapter 1: Welcome to Gravity Falls

Summer... It sounds great, doesn't it?

Well, that's what I thought when school ended, but being punched, almost drowned, stalked and...

Wait, maybe I should start at the beginning of everything.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

First of all, my name's Alice, I'm 18 years old, I have hazel eyes and dirty blonde curly hair. I like to see myself as someone tall, when, in fact, I'm 5.2ft.
Summer had just began, and me, being the lazy ass I am, had all of it planned, my plans being doing nothing but relaxing and having marathons of my favorite shows.
Easy, right? Well, forget about it.
My dear parents (mark my sarcasm) decided to send my little sister and me to some village in the fucking middle of nowhere, called Gravity Falls. After a lot of hours (and by a lot I mean a lot) we got there, it was pretty nice, but do you know what isn't ? The first thing you see after being in a smelly bus with no air conditioner for more than five hours, being your sister throwing up.
Her name's Clara, she's 12 years old and she has blue eyes and brunette wavy hair. I used to think she was the most annoying person I knew before meeting Bill Cipher.
Well, as I was saying, when we got there we unloaded our things (after Clara finished throwing up) and we looked around us, we were in front of a big wooden building sorrounded by trees, I sighed with relief when a cold breeze lightly brushed my hot skin.
"Mystery Hack?" Clara inquired with clear confusion.
"It's Mistery Shack. The 'S' fell off. See?" I explained to her, pointing to the S on the ground.
"WE HAVE TO GET IN THERE!" She screamed at the top of her lungs in my ear.
"What the f-heck?" I said while holding my ear. You know, I actually curse, a lot, but when I'm with her I can't, or she'd start to scream and hit me.
"WE.HAVE.TO.GET.IN.THERE." she said grabbing me by the neck of my tank top and pulling me down to her eye level.
"Alright, alright. But not now. "she started to pout "Don't give me that look, you know It doesn't affect me. Also, we have to unpack our things"
"OH! IT'S TRUE! LET'S GO!" she screamed, grabbed her things and started to run.
I rolled my eyes sighing and started to count down, knowing what was about to happen.
"5. 4. 3. 2.1..."
"ALICE!!!" I could see her running to me, making me smirk.
"Zero"
"I don't know where the camping site is."
"This way!" I said looking at my phone with my best adventurer voice. It was surprising that it had any battery left; as it had been my only escape during the torturous journey we had just had.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
"At last!" Clara said "I simply thought we were never going to get here!"
"Quit complaining! You're not the one who's been carrying all of OUR stuff!"
"Sure... Now, where's our bungalow?"
"Right there." I said pointing at one "Wait for me; I've got to get the keys."
I watched her jump with excitement towards what was going to be our house for the rest of the summer. I went to the guard's cabin and gave him the papers and all that shit was needed for staying at the camping site.
"Sure love, here you go. And if you need anything just call me." He winked at me and gave me the keys and a piece of paper with (obviously) his number written on it.
"What a creep... I hope he's not looking at my butt. Should I turn around? Nope, I prefer not to know"
Ok, so I left the creepy guard and went back to where Clara was.
"Let me unlock it! Let me unlock it!" She said while jumping to try to grab the keys as I lifted my arm so she wasn't able to do so.
"Alright..."I said giving in, making her squeal with joy as she opened the door.
"OMG! Bunk beds! I want the top one!" She yelled an started to climb the ladder.
"No way" I laughed "I don't want you to fall in the middle of the night and wake me up. So it's mine!"She pouted and glared at me as I threw my backpack on topof the bed "Now, get down here and help me unpack everything"
"Aye aye captain!" She giggled and jumped on me and started laughing.
"Hey! Get off me! I can't see anything!"
After some tries I could finally get her off of me and (at last) we started to unpack our things.
When we finished Clara made me go outside so we could go see the Mystery Shack, the weird wooden building we had seen before.
"And can you get me something? A t-shirt or a snow globe or..." Clara rambled on from outside of the bungalow, hoping to get something of the store.
"I'm not gonna get you anything. It's obviously a tourist trap and all its souvenirs probably cost a ton of money. I bet you 5 bucks the moment we get in there someone will try to trick us into buy something."
"Deal!"she exclaimed and shook my hand.
I opened the door and we got inside. It was a big wooden room full of people that were looking at the "very realistic" souvenirs. Most of them were families that had probably stopped for a moment to rest and hit the road again towards their holiday destination. A male voice surprised us:
"Hey kiddos!"
"Uh..." I looked around to see if he was calling for us. "Us?"
"Yes, you two!" he approached us.
The man was in his early sixties and was wearing a black suit, a red and gold fez and... An eye patch over his glasses? Really? What the actual fuck?!
"Can we, Alice?" I suddenly heard Clara say. Clearly they had been talking as I skepticaly studied the male that was standing before us.
"Err... What?" I mumbled, feeling heat rise to my cheeks in embarrassment.
"I just asked if you two wanted a tour" He grunted while trying to keep smiling.
"Sure, is it free?" I asked and the moment I said that his friendly expression faded.
"No, but it's only 30$ each."
"Did you hear that?! It's only 30$" said Clara.
"Then, no thanks. We're good." I wasn't going to let a man in a weird hat con me, did he think I was an idiot or something?
"B-but Alice! It's not expensive!" My sister stuttered with a heartbroken voice.
"Yeah! Listen to the kid!" The man tried to convince me as he put a hand on Clara's shoulder.
"Not expensive?!" I exclaimed before sighing to try to calm down "I've got an idea! What if we go free and you can make one of those fools pay for our tour?"
"I like how you think" he said giving me a sly smile. "You've got yourself a deal."
"Yay! The Mystery Man is gonna give us a tour" my sister said jumping like a little kid in a sugar rush and grinning.
"Mystery Man? I asked puzzled.
"She means me, kid, but call me Stan Pines." The man, Stan, said.
"I'm Alice and this is my sister, Clara and..."
"We're gonna stay here this summer!" Clara blurted out, her voice full of excitement.
"So, you're new, then; welcome to Gravity Falls."