Chapter 11: The Love God

The sun was shining brightly and a soft breeze shook the leaves of the trees surrounding the Gravity Falls cemetery. The sky was partly cloudy, in the perfect condition for cloud watching. Personally, I wouldn't choose a cemetery for this type of activity. I mean, dead people reminded me of the zombie problem we had had this summer, an experience I didn't want to repeat anytime soon.

While Wendy and Mabel pointed out the shape of a cloud, a chipmunk barfing an airplane, Thompson simply said that another one looked like a cloud. Such bland and imagination-less explanation made him get booed by all of us.

"Thompson, stop being the worst at everything." Wendy asked him, making him apologize sheepishly and us laugh.

"Look at the clouds! Ooh! That cloud looks like a big heart-shaped balloon!" Mabel exclaimed suddenly.

"Clouds don't come in colors. That is a balloon." Explained Dipper to his twin. At his statement Wendy sat up excitedly.

"Oh dude! It's the Woodstick festival."

"Wait, the wood what?" I asked her.

"It's this annual outdoor concert featuring Oregon's up and coming indie bands." She started to explain to us before taking Tambry's cell phone out of her hands as the later complained about it. That was actually the first time I had heard her voice today, since she had arrived with Nate and Lee to the cemetery she hadn't left her phone not a single second. Wendy flipped through several images of the bands while she continued her explanation. "They're all coming! Scarves Indoors, Wood Grain on Everything, the Love God! You've probably seen him in that viral video."

In the video there was a large man wearing tiny angel wings who shouted:

"Who's ready to fall in love tonight?" The crowd cheered and he stumbled face-first into the camera, making him groan."Whoa! Ow! I hope nobody's filming this!

"Whoa! Like a real concert concert? I've never actually been to one of those before." Dipper said in wonder but blushing and brushing his elbow. This almost made me squeal because of how cute he was acting.

"That's because you've never had an awesome crew to roll with before!" Wendy answered while pointing at all of us.

Nate, Lee, Mabel, Clara and Thompson were sitting together, the last one of them holding a dirty sponge as the rest chanted for him to lick it, and in the end, he did.

"Can't believe he's doing it!" Nate exclaimed.

"What are you doing man?" Lee laughed as he watched the face Thompson was making.

"When you're with us, you're in!" Wendy continued talking, pointing at Dipper at the end, to emphasize her point.

I closed my eyes for a second, enjoying the peaceful sound that filled the cemetery. This calm was interrupted by groaning that came from the distance, making a flock of ravens chirp and fly away from the branches of a nearby tree.

"Ghosty sounds! Cemetery ghosty sounds!" Mabel exclaimed as she shook Dipper effusively.

"It's coming from that open grave." Clara pointed out standing up.

"You look!" Nate exclaimed as he elbowed Lee.

"No, you look!" Lee answered pushing his best friend.

"Thompson, go look." Dipper said ending the "fight" and making the both of them laugh.

"Heh. Nice use of Thompson." Nate cheered as Lee pushed the poor boy toward grave.

Thompson took a couple of steps in that direction before stopping and looking back at us.

"Leave the poor guy alone."I sighed standing up, out of pity, and walking to his side. This made the other two boys awe and wolf whistle.