Chapter 5: Gideon Rises

After Gideon stole Stan's deed and he kicked us out of the shack Soos took Stan and the twins to his grandma's house, where he lived. We helped them to take their things to the house and also took some to our bungalow.
Right now we were all in the Mystery Shack dressed up in some really stupid costumes (a trench coat, a fedora and fake beards or mustaches).
"We're in." Dipper whispered to us.
"Just gonna say it, I don't know what we're doing here, but I'm loving these fake mustaches." Mabel said twirling hers.
"If anyone asks, I'm not Soos." he said pointing to his hat that said "Not Soos"
"Ladies and gentlemen! Today I am delighted to announce my plans for the former Mystery Shack. I give you..."Gideon made a dramatic pause and then said "Gideonland!"
"What?!" we all screamed in horror.
"We're gonna turn this dirty ol' shack into three square miles of Gideon-tertainment." he continued talking "And introducin' our new mascot, Lil' Gideon Jr.!" his father pulled off a cloak to reveal Waddles in a Gideon costume.
"Boom, he's a pig!" Gideon exclaimed.
"Waddles!" Mabel cried out "You monster!"
"All right, that's it!" Stan said and pulled his disguise off.
We all pushed our way into the crowd and ran up the stage.
"Listen up, people. Gideon's a fraud!" Stan shouted.
"This kid broke in and stole his property!" I continued pointing at the pig kid.
"Arrest him, officers!" Clara shouted.
"Yeah!" said the twins at the same time.
"Such accusations! Mr. Pines, I recall you gave the property to me." Gideon said putting a face od surprise.
"What the fuck?! He's such a fucking liar!" I thought, getting really pissed off.
"Look, here's the deed right here!" he pulled the deed out of his shirt as he said that.
"Well that's all the proof I need to see." said the fat and short officer.
"I love you, Lil' Gideon! Sing them funny songs!" shouted the tall and skinny one to the damned kid.
Gideon snapped his fingers, and two burly guards gtabbed us to kick us off the stage.
"Now get off my property, old man!" Gideon said.
"I'll show you who's the old man!" grunted Stan but hs hearing aid acted up "Ow, my hearing aid! Ow!"
We got carried off the stage while Gideon waved and said to us:
"Thanks for visiting Gideonland, friends! Don't come back, I don't care for y'all."
The guards throw us outside and left us to watch the ceremony through a chain-link fence. Dipper sighed as he leaned on it. He kicked a rock out of frustration.
"Don't worry, guys." Dipper said reassuringly "We'll get the shack back somehow."
"We better" said Wendy suddenly appearing
"Wendy!" exclaimed Dipper.
"If I can't work at the Shack," started explaining the ginger-haired girl "my dad's gonna force me to move upstate to work at my cousin's logging camp."
"Logging camp?" I heard Clara mutter to herself.
"What? You're leaving town? But we need you here!" said Dipper.
"Yeah especially Dipper because of his giant crush on" Dipper glared at Soos, making him stop talking" ...you... calyptus trees! Ha! The kid loves eucalyptus trees!" he laughed nervously and whispered to Dipper "Saved it!"
We heard a noise coming out from some bushes and Wendy said:
"Oh man, guys. Don't look now."
Suddenly Robbie emerged from the bushes holding a boom-box and shouting.
"Take me back, Wendy! My arms are too skinny to keep holding this boombox forever!"
"I was never here."
Wendy mounted her bike and rode away.
Robbie continued chasing after her and calling her name.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
"This is not good. I cannot feed such a big family." said Soos's grandma.
"No se preocupe, abuelita, Clara y yo no vamos a quedarnos [Don't worry, abuelita, Clara and I won't be staying] " I said to her, talking my native lenguage, Spanish (from Spain, not form South America), and making her smile.
"Where are we gonna stay, Dipper?" I heard a worried Mabel say to Dipper "Where am I gonna put all my sweaters?"
"Mr. Pines will figure something out. He always does." said Soos trying to cheer the twins up.
"What's Stan gonna tell mom and dad?" asked Dipper.
I heard Stan talking with their parents and nudged at Clara while pointing at the kitchen with my head, we shared a look and then gave the kids a reassuring smile, not showing what we had just heard.
After that, Mabel decided to ask Stan if we could order pizza, which we did (being payed by me). When we were done eating I went to the kitchen to help cleaning the dishes, leaving with some toy cars. Stan was in the kitchen, looking sad.
"What are you gonna do?" I asked him "Are you gonna send them back?"
"I think so... I don't think I'll be able to take care of them if we don't get the shack back"
I finished scrubbing a glass, walked to him and patted his back.
"Don't worry, I think you're doing the right thing" I said to him.
"You know what, kid? I like you, you're not like the rest of teenagers, you're more... Mature." I smiled at him laguhing "I'm gonna go tell them."
He walked out of the kitchen and I followed him. In the living room Soos, Clara, Mabel and Dipper were still with the cars.
"Kids, we've got to talk." Stan started to say, nervously"Look I've been thinking and... I can't take care of you anymore. I don't have house or a job, the plan is, you're goin' home. Your bus leaves tomorrow, here are your tickets."
"But Grunkle Stan, you can't give up!" said Dipper.
"Yeah dude, look at these faces!" Soos began to nudge at Mabel and whispered to her "Be cuter Mabel! Your summer depends on it!"
"Look, I lost, okay? The best thing is for you to be with your parents. Sorry kids, Gideon won." replied Stan, defeated, he placed the bus tickets and got of out the house "Summer's over."
"Mr. Pines, come back! RECONSIDER!!" shouted Soos and run after him.
"Guys, that's enough." Dipper said confidently "If Stan won't get our home back from Gideon, then we'll have to do it ourselves."
"Gideon may have the upper hand, but we have one thing he doesn't." Clara exclaimed.
"The Journal!" "A grappling hook!" exclaimed Dipper and Mabel at the same time.
"Oh. The Journal..."muttered Mabel, then cheered "Journal!"
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
The next morning we went to the woods near the shack and watched how the men were working in building Gideonland.
I had decided to help them get the shack because I hated that little pig-little-man and wanted Clara and the twins to be happy.
"Alright, the bus to take us out of Gravity Falls comes at sundown. If we wanna stay in town we've got to get past those guards, make it through the fence, and get Gideon to hand over that deed" explained Dipper gesturing at each thing while talking.
"Leave that to Mabel. Wa-chaw!" Mabel shot her grappling hook, but it hit a tree branch, ricocheted to Dipper and hit him in the face.
"Now will you admit the grappling hook is useless?!" he grunted in pain and rubbed his face.
"Nope!" she exclaimed and high-fived Clara, who was snickering.
"Okay. What can we use to defeat Gideon? Let's see..." he started to number crestures from the journal, which Clara and Mabel agreeded to.
"Whoa, what's this?" asked Clara pointing at a page, it was full of symbols and circles... And stuff like that.
"I've stared at this page for hours. It seems like a blueprint to build some kind of strange futuristic super-weapon-- " explaind Dipper to her but was interrupted by Mabel.
"BORING! To defeat those guards we need some kind of army."
"...Wait a minute! An army! Mabel, that's it! The gnomes!" he exclaimed after thinking about it, making Mabel to nervously tug her sweater's collar.
We decided to go the forest to look for the gnomes, while we were walking they told us what had happened with them.
"I think this is their hiding spot" said Dipper.
"I wonder what Gnomes do out here all alone in the forest?" Mabel thought out loud.
I pushed some bushes and we all screamed at the sight before us. A gnome, I think his name was Jeff, bathing (while singing) in squirrels.
"This...this is normal. This is normal for gnomes. Scrub scrub." he akwardly said and scrubbed his armpit with a squirrel he had in his hand.
We all looked at each other disgusted and after the squirrels had stopped he said:
"Well, well, well. Look who came crawlin' back. Take five, Chris." he said to a squirrel (it was the one he was using to scrub himself) and said to the rest to keep running in circles "So, changed your mind about marryin' me, did ya Mabel?"
"Ew, hardly. We need your help. And seriously, ew!" Mabel exclaimed.
"You want our help? After you left me at the alter? No dice!" he said angrily "Or are you offering me this tall girl as my new queen?" he wiggled his eyebrows at me.
"Err... No, sorry I'm already taken" I nervously lied, but couldn't help but remember how Bill had said that I was his.
"What if we were able to get you a new queen? One even more beautiful than Mabel or Alice" Clara tried to negociate with Jeff.
"Her name's Gideon, and she has lovely white hair." Dipper said and I had to cover my mouth so he could not see how I was smiling.
"Whoa. Mature woman, huh?" he seemed to think over it and called for a gnome HeyShmebulock , get my cologne!"
An older gmone came with some cologne and Jeff asked him if the only thing he could say was "Shmebulock", making him nod sadly.
"It's a deal!" Jeff said and shook hand with Dipper.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
We got to the Mystery Shack and when Gideon's dad saw us he called for him. I saw him throw the shovel he was using to the ground and walked to us.
"Give us the deed to the shack, Gideon, or else." Dipper said to him.
"Am I supposed to say, "Or else what?" " he answered mockingly.
"Yes, you are supposed to say that." Mabel said and then yelled "Now!"
Suddenly Gideon's bodyguards fell to the floor and an army of gnomes surrounded Gideon, making him gasp.
"You're surrounded by an unstoppable gnome army, now give us back our deed and get off our property!" Dipper shouted to him.
"And let the marriage ceremony begin!" exclaimed Jeff rubbing his hands.
"Very well. I suppose this deed belongs to—" Gideon pulled out a whistle and blew it, and all the gnomes covered their ears "Ha! What do you know! Works on gnomes too!" he blew the whistle again.
"Stop! We'll do anything!" Jeff begge "How can we serve you your majesty? The most beautiful girl we've ever seen!"
"I am not a girl!" Gideon exclaimed angrily.
"Really? But your skin is so soft. You moisturize, or..." Jeff said rubbing Gideon's hand, but was interrupted by him.
"Subdue them!" he ordered the gnomes pointing at us.
They grunted and charges at us while Gideon talked.
"I have to admit, kids, I am impressed by your creativity! How did you ever..?"
"Let go!" Dipper shouted and tthe 3rd Journal fell out of his pocket "Oh no!"
"Shit" I muttered under my breath.
"No! Could it be? Is it?" Gideon run up to the Journal and laughed "Of course! It all makes sense!" Dipper struggled to break free from the gnomes and Gideon continued talking "The one place I'd never think to look! You had it the whole time! And to think I actually considered you a threat!" After that he flicked Dipper's nose.
"No! Give it back" Dipper reached for the journal.
"Every victory you had was because of your precious book!"
"Give it back or I'll—" Dipper threatened Gideon.
"Or you'll what, boy? You'll what? Huh? Huh? No muscles. No brains. Face it! You're nothin' without this! Bye bye forever, y'all!" he whistled, and the gnomes carried the four of us away.
"He may not do anything, but I will." I shouted at Gideon.
When we got near the forest the gnomes throw us to the ground and Jeff said:
"Next time, do your own dirty work" then, he run away with the rest if the gnomes.
"Well, that's it." Dipper sighed "Guess the bus should be here soon."
"What? Dipper, don't give up!" said Clara trying to encourage him.
"You always have a plan!" Mabel said.
"No! The journal always has a plan! Think about it, Gideon was right. The only courageous or cool things I've ever done have been because of that journal. Without it, I can't help you, or Stan, or anyone."
"There's gotta be something we can do!" I said desperately.
"What can we do?" Dipper said.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
We went to the bus' station to say goodbye to Mabel and Dipper We all exchanged our phone numbers and they promised to call us when they got home. They hugged us one last time and got into the bus, looking glum.
They got to the back and looked at us.
"Sorry kids, it's for the best." he said with sadness in his eyes.
Wendy, Grunkle Stan, Grenda, Candy, Clara and I waved at Dipper and Mabel as the bus departed.
I kicked the ground and grunted.
"I can't believe that kid is gonna win"
Clara and I went to Soos' house. His grandma was vacuuming the curtains and Stan sitting on the couch.
"Well Stan, this is it. Rock bottom. No friends, no family, stuck watching infomercials for whatever that is..." he muttered with sadness, he picked up the Gideon pin and looked at it "How did you do it, kid? Why are you always one step ahead? Maybe he really is psychic after..." His hearing aid acted up and made him cringe "Ah! My hearing aid! What keeps causing that?"
"Wait a minute! That pin is the thing making interferences. We know Gideon's weakness!" said Clara.
In that moment Soos' grandma offered us tea, but we got up, Stan kissed her and run to the door, being followed by us.
"Hey! Wasn't Soos the one driving the bus taking the twins back home?" said Clara while we were running to Stan's car.
"I think so" replied Stan.
"I'll give him a call" I said pulling my phone from my pocket an dialing Soos' number.
After a few seconds he picked it up.
"Hey Alice! What's up?"
"Soos, aré the twins with you?" I asked him "We've found Gideon's weakness"
"That's funny!" he laughed "We've just been attacked by a giant robot that looked like him"
"WHAT?!" I exclaimed and stopped running making Stan and Clara to look at me with worried faces "Are you all okay?!"
"Yeah, we're cool. I'm in the bus, which is in a cliff, and the twins are fighting against the robot in the old mine railway"
"Ok!" I started running again "We're going there" I hanged up the phone and told them what was happening.
We got in the car and Stan drove us where everything was happening. But suddenly we saw a giant explosion.
"Drive faster!" shouted Clara.
When we finally got there we found the police officers trying to arrest Dipper and Mabel.
Stan parked screaming, got out of the car and shouted
"Wait! Wait! Stop everything! I've got somethin' to say!"
"Not this guy again." muttered officer Blubs.
"Just wait! Look! You guys all think Gideon is so perfect and honest" he started mocking Gideon "Oh! I could never tell a lie! I'm Gideon!"
"He's more honest than you!" exclaimed the officer. "Yeah! And he's psychic too!" Durland, the other officer, said.
"How's this for psychic?Alice..."I kicked the Gideon-bot and a panel fell off" Bam! Take a good look!"
Inside of the bot there were many screens showing the Gravity Falls' people and all their secrets.
"Wait a minute, is that ME?!" Lazy Susan pointed at one of the screens, it was showing the secret ingredient to her coffee omelet.
Then everyone started pointing at the screens, recognizing themselves.
"That's right, these pins are hidden cameras!" explained Clara.
"And my hearing aid was picking up the feedback! Who's the fraud now?" Stan broke the pin revealing a camera in the eye of the picture and everybody started doing the same and glaring Gideon.
"Gideon, we gave you our trust..." said the tall officer.
"You LIED to us!" exclaimed  a big ginger-haired man.
"Please, I... It's not what it looks like... What are you gonna do with me?" Gideon said trying to hide from the people.
"Tyler?" Durland said.
We all looked at a skinny man wearing a black and white cap that was next to Gideon, who I suppose was Tyler.
"Get 'im..." He whimpered wiping his tears "Get 'im!" "Lil' Gideon, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud, and breaking our hearts. Durland, the tiny handcuffs." sentenced the older officer, arresting Gideon (and making my sister and me to secretly fist pump)
Durland put the tiny handcuffs on Gideon's wrists.
"Wha- no! Let go of me! Ow! Ow! Ow!" he said struggling while they took him to the police car, where Stan was waiting.
"Just on more thing" he picked the kid up and started shaking him, making things fall from him.
"I believe this belongs to me." said Stan snatching the Mystery Shack's and people started taking him pictures.
"No! No! Watch the hair!" Gideon shouted when he was put in the car "You can't do this to me! Y'all are sheep! You need me! I'll be back! You'll hear from my lawyers!" he continued shouting as the car left.
"There you have it. Local hero Stanford Pines has just exposed Li'l Gideon as a fraud. Anything you have to say to the town, Stanford?" Sandra, the reporter, said.
"The Mystery Shack is back, baby!" Stan exclaimed.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
We all helped to fix the shack and after a couple of hard-working days the shack looked as it did before.
I was taking a break outside of the shack and thinking about everything that had happened these last few days.
Entering Stan's mind, Bill, the shack being stolen and... The nightmares stoping. It seemed as if seeing Bill was the thing that had stopped them.
"Alice" I heard Dipper call my name, making me to stop thinking and to open my eyes "can we talk?"
"Uhm... Sure" I got up from my lying position.
He hesitated for a moment but then asked:
"Why... Why did Bill talk to you as if he knew you?"
I stared at him in shock, but I knew that he would probably ask sooner or later, and I was grateful that he preferred to do it with no other people around us.
"Well... I... I think is because of this." I said while taking the necklace out of my shirt.
"Where did you get that?" Dipper exclaimed looking at it in shock.
"In the lake, after that dryad almost drowned me. Why?"
"There's a page of the journal that is about it"
He pull es out the journal number 3 and read out loud.
"Bill Cipher's trap: don't ever wear it, ever, for you won't be abeles to take it off (unless Bill wants you to or you die)." I sighed and Dipper looked at me with pity "It chains your soul to Bill, turning you into his property. Currently it's lost... Well, not anymore" muttered Dipper while writing where I had found it "...but I've heard that it's been in the property of a family that works for him for hundreds of years." Dippers pointed at a drawing of the back of the necklace and continued reading "Code in the back there's written a message in Bill's code that says: mine. When the person wearing it meets him, his power over them grows, letting him connect with them in their dreams"
"Well, isn't it just great?!" I exclaimed angrily.
"Don't worry Alice, I promise I will help you to get rid of it." Dipper said with determination.
"Thanks Dipper" I said and hugged him.
When I pulled from him I found him blushing, I smiled and said before walking inside the house:
"We better start unpacking your things"
We went upstairs and Clara and Mabel were finishing putting her posters when Stan came into the room. "Hey, Grunkle Stan!" Mabel waved at him.
"Uh, you kiddos settlin' back in okay?"
"Yep! All of my favorite moldy spots on the ceiling are still there! Even you, Daryl." said her pointing at one.
"Hey, Grunkle Stan, we've all been talking, And I think there's something we should finally tell you." Dipper said and pulled out the journal "This is a journal I found in the woods." he handed it to Stan "It talks about all the crazy stuff that goes on in Gravity Falls. Gideon nearly destroyed the whole town trying to find it. I don't know what it means, or who wrote it. But, after all we've been through, maybe you should finally know about it."
Stan solemnly closed the book.
"I'm glad you showed me this, Dipper... AHAHAHA! Now I know where you've been getting it all from! Spookums and monsters. This spooky book has been filling your head with crazy conspiracies!"
"But it's all real!" I exclaimed defending Dipper.
"Haha. You all gotta quit readin' this fantasy nonsense for your own good. Although some of these would make great attractions! Can't come up with this stuff! Mind if I borrow this?" Stan got up, taking the book with him and started to leave.
"Wait, no! Grunkle Stan!" Dipper tried to stop him.
"Magic book." We heard Stan laughs "Ridiculous!"
"Stan, I need it!"
"Dipper, you don't need that book! Don't you see?" said his sister "On your own you defeated a giant robot with nothing but your bare hands! You're a hero whether you've got that journal or not!"
"Whoa. Thanks, Mabel." he smiled "I still want it back though." he sighed
"I'm sure you'll get it back." Clara said reassuringly to him.
"What would a boring old man like Stan want with that book anyway?" continue Mabel.
Suddenly Soos popped out of behind some a cardboard box and shot a pair of water guns at us.
"Soos-ed!"
We all got up and chased after Soos laughing.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
A/N:
Chapter 5 done! Yay!!
I know that Bill hasn't appeared in this chapter (even tho this is a Bill Cipher x Oc story) but he will appear soon *grins evilly*
Thanks to everyone that voted, read or commented the previous chapter.
Bye! =^-^=
Oh! And one more thing!
...
I love you! <3
(Steven Universe reference)
~Alicia
Word count: 3784