9. This ain't a game!

This chapter is dedicated to EllieElla. Thanks for all the nice comments:)
I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Tommy's POV:

This one week Adam and me have been together we stayed at my house, because I had to take care of my dog. It felt so good having my boyfriend around all the time!

I love it to have a partner next to me when I wake up in the morning. And because Adam and me have the same working times, I can spend the work time with my baby as well.

I'm thinking about what he told me yesterday. That I should come out at last. Nobody knows that we're together. Not even Ashley or the other band members. At work we pretend to be only friends. I promised Adam to tell them the truth soon. I would have told them already, but I'm afraid of I don't know what. I guess this whole thing about my sexuality is still new to me. I'm glad Adam is so patient and sympathetic!

Today is monday. Our one week anniversary. I know that's not really a reason to celebrate, but Adam insists taking me out for dinner tonight. I think it's cute. In return I will come out as heteroflexible or something tomorrow at work. I'll keep my promise.

"Are you ready baby?" Adam shouts from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I shout back from the bathroom. I finish applying my eyeliner and check my hair one last time in the mirror before I head downstairs where my lovely boyfriend was waiting at the door. We both get outside.

The restaurant where Adam wants to take me isn't that far away, so we can walk. We walk a couple minutes until we take a shortcut through a little park. It's quiet, only a few people are there. Adam takes my hand. We'd never held hands in public. Suddenly I was kind of uncertain and want to pull my hand back. Adam looks at me surprised. I absolutely don't want to disappoint him again, so I try to relax and let him take my hand. He smiles and I smile back.

But somehow I still have this weird feeling. I can't explain it. I know I love Adam. Why can't I just admit that in front of other people? I don't have to be ashamed to like a man! So I try to pull myself together and just keep walking.

We have almost left the park, it's only one more minute to the restaurant. It's actually a really beautiful weather today and the sun is shining through Adam's hair when he leans over to me.

"You look so beautiful!" He whispered.

"Not as beautiful as you are!" I respond quickly and blush.

"Aww cute" , Adam says while taking both of my hands in his. Then he strokes my cheek with one hand. I lean my head against his hand and close my eyes. I'm a little bit excited. Will he kiss me now? It would be our first kiss in public. Adam's face moves closer...

"Look, your ex boyfriend turned into a fag!" A male voice shouts. A female voice is giggling. I now these voices. And I don't like them! I open my eyes and see Liz and the guy with whom she cheated on me standing a few metres away. I'm startled and tear myself away from Adam.

"He has always been a fag" Liz says quietly, but I can hear it. Adam turned around. He looks really mad.

"Never call him like that again!" Adam yells and ran towards them.

"Stay away, fucking fag. And don't tell me what to do!"
The guy says before Adam shoves him.

"Adam, please stop!" I shout.

"Listen to your fucking boyfriend!" Liz tells Adam.

"I'm not his boyfriend!" I yell back. I have no idea why. But if Liz knows the truth she will judge me even more and never leave me alone.

Adam turnes around and gives me a surprised and hurt look. I shrug and add:

"I'm not even gay! I've just met Adam here by chance."

Liz just laughs at me. "No way! But actually I don't care. Just get the fuck away and go suck your boyfr... oh sorry, I forgot you're just friends." She smiles evil and goes away with her guy.

When I've made sure that they're really gone I turn around and look at Adam. He sighs and shakes his head. His eyes filled with tears. I'm afraid I really hurt him with those words. But what else should I have done to keep Liz away from us?

Adam's POV:

"What the hell was that?" I ask Tommy.

He did it again. He pretended not to be my boyfriend! Why does he care about what Liz and that guy were saying? I thought he loves me...

"Adam...."

"Just drop it, Tommy!" I turn around and want to leave.

"No Adam, please stay! I didn't mean what I was saying!" He shouts. I don't care and keep walking.

"Adam, I love you!"

I stop and turn around slowly.

"Then why can't you show it? Why are you hiding your feelings? I'm so fucking tired of this game!"

"This ain't no game! Please, believe me!"

"I'm sorry, I can't. If you loved me you would admit it! I need a boyfriend I can count on!"

After these words I finally leave. Tommy doesn't follow me.

I really don't want to break up with him. But our relationship won't work when he keeps acting like that. I dreamed of Tommy for such a long time. Why does he have to destroy everything by lying? I love him. I did...

The only thing I want is him to show his feelings for me. Either in front of other people. I'm sorry that I left, but I had to.