BAILEY AND JAY'S STORY

SURPRISE!

Happy Holidays :)

I had bits and pieces lying around so I put them all together as a gift for you guys. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season! Tell me your favorite chapter of this little "book".

-Faith

NEED TO KNOW:::
CHAPTER ONE: The Sunday night after Charlotte gets claimed by Carson and is taken away. Bailey is in her room. She becomes in pain because of being so far from Jay.
CHAPTER TWO: The scene before where Bailey and Jay burst out of the room making out wildly
CHAPTER THREE: Charlotte's party to be initiated into Carson's pack. Chapter 38.
CHAPTER FOUR: A part of the last chapter, Jay fought his evil father, the Beta, in the training fields. The Alpha kills the Beta and Jay collapses in Bailey's arms. This will show what happened later that night between Jay and Bailey.

THE ART OF LYING TO YOUR HEART : BAILEY AND JAY'S STORY AS TOLD BY BAILEY

CHAPTER ONE:

Once upon a time there was a girl who sat in her bed Sunday night, eating chocolate ice cream and watching ABC Family's Harry Potter marathon. I'm pretty sure we can all assume who I'm talking about.

(If you don't know...well, that's okay, but spoiler, we're talking about Bailey Tyler, and that's me.)

It may have seemed like a typical Sunday night for me, but not quite you see, because my phone was off and tossed across the room, by a bleach stain on my old coral-pink rug, where I couldn't instinctively reach for it. The split ends were rough against my fingers as I absently rubbed my hair, eyes glued on the screen. My left hand curled around a soft, crumpled ball of tissue. Sniffing loudly and in the most ladylike way possible, I inhaled my own snot.

There were voices downstairs. My father trying to be hushed, but failing, because he was a loud, booming man. An inside joke between me and my brothers was that he was an ex-lumberjack with a secret, dark past. Dad was certainly built like one. Mom was talking too, but her voice was wane, tired, like tree branches groaning under the weight of snow. The stairs started to creak. Two pairs of shuffled feet on the hall carpet. Closer. Closer. Whispers.

Patting the covers blindly while keeping my stare on Daniel Radcliffe moving across the screen towards Ginny's fallen body, I pushed away the dozens of tissues and wrapped my fingers around the remote. Pressing down, I turned the volume up, one, two, three.

"Bailey?" Stacy's voice was loud and sharp through the door. No movie could drown her out when she wanted to be heard. 'Sigh.' It was quite an annoying trait of her's.

"I'm naked," I called.

There was a long pause from the other side. I pressed the volume button, one, two. Tom Riddle's smooth voice poured from the television, prickling my skin. The door suddenly creaked open, my eyes flicking to the noise, and Stacy's head popped in, her hazel eyes narrowed at me. "No, you're not." She started to step in, John's tall frame filling the doorway in her place.

I shifted upwards, so the back of my shoulders pressed against the wooden headboard. Reaching for my bowl of ice cream, I cradled the frozen surface with my hands and my blanket-shielded chest. "One day I'm actually going to be naked." My eyes didn't leave the screen as I took my spoon and scooped a large chunk of cold chocolate. I twisted the spoon around, slipping it between my lips and feeling my tongue burst with sweet flavor. "Then you'll regret it." Only, because I have the unfortunate habit of talking with my mouth full, it sounded like, "Wen toule ra-get it." Not nearly as threatening.