Chapter One- Edited

**When you see ITIHYKOL that stand for It's That I Hate You Kind of Love**

"I wouldn't mind being mates to a were." She shrugged, her careless words falling like nuclear bombs across her enraptured audience.

The entire class immediately fell into a tense silence. Even the guffawing jocks in the back corner automatically hushed and turned to her with incredulous expressions. Her fan club of blondes and brunettes spread out around her scribbled-on desk widened their makeup painted eyes with dumb surprise. They stared up at her perched on the tabletop.

I slowly spun in my seat away from Stacy. Did she just say what I think she said? No, no she couldn't have. Brianne wouldn't ever say anything like that, right? One of her followers broke the silence with a loud gasp and fainted, tumbling out of her desk with a thump. But nobody paid attention to the unconscious girl, all eyes were on Brianne Devon.

Disbelief shrouded my classmate's faces as the stared unblinking at the school's "it" girl. Brianne's flawless pale face turned a delicate shade of pink, just realizing the extent of her words.

Splat!

All eyes for a split second flicked away from the Queen of Westfield High to one of the football jocks in the corner. His mouth was gaping open in shock and he squeezed a bottle of red Gatorade tightly in his right hand. "Did you just say you would mate with one of them!" Connor Marks sputtered.

Next to the disgusted linebacker his friend visibly jumped from his frozen state and stated cursing and shaking the spewed Gatorade from his sneaker. One girl finally noticed the unconscious girl, and with her friends help, dragged her from the room, slamming the wooden door shut and racing on clacking heels down the hall. We could all hear their screams loud and clear.

"Oh Em gee! Did you hear what Bri just said!"

"Yeah! Oh my god!"

"She's seriously freaking me out right now!"

"She's totally gone cray-cray, girl!"

By this time Brianne's heart-shaped face was as red as the school's colors displayed on the back wall. Scrutinizing eyes turned from the door to her, silently demanding an answer.

"Well?" One of the smartest boys in the class sneered. His normally worshipping eyes had turned to mean narrow slits.

Brianne bit her lip and I knew just what she was thinking; should she be strong and stick to her opinion or bend to pressure? Brianne never was one to give in, so instead of what everyone was begging to hear, she nodded. "Yeah, they're really strong and hot! What girl wouldn't want to be mated with a werewolf? And the mating bond is so strong, it's finding your true soul mate and to werewolves this is sacred-"

"You're a disgusting person!" Stacy snapped from behind me. I glanced at my best friend's pale shaking form and her brown eyes narrowed. "You're a traitor to your own species!"

"Stacy-" I warned lowly, but was lost by one of the jocks admitting a loud choking noise and then someone shouting a "Yeah!" in agreement to Stacy. I twisted my hands nervously as I watched Brianne's face crumple slowly and then her struggle to regain it's normality. But her claim was anything but normal, it was completely the opposite! To think of being a werewolf's mate was breaking an unspoken law, and even discussing werewolves caused complete and utter chaos. Speaking of being a werewolves mate was forbidden and rarely even spoken behind closed doors and covered windows. Brianne Devon had shattered the unspoken rule of Westfield; don't speak of mates. Here she was saying she wouldn't mind being a mate to one of them. In everyone's eyes this was terrifying, horrible, and traitorous. She was committing social suicide.