Chapter Nine

**When you see ITIHYKOL that stand for It's That I Hate You Kind of Love**

"Ah, I hate you Plumpy! I'm going to kill you in your sleep, you little green, bearded fatty! Watch your plums you son of a-"

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach as Emily jumped from the bed swearing at the game. I haven't heard her swear before now, and I have to say its freaking hilarious. Still laughing, I drew my next card, and my eyes widened. "Emily, you're not going to believe this."

She paused in her pacing and stared at me, her face flushed and her eyes narrowed. "If you say you drew a purple..."

"I drew a purple." I said, showing her the purple square on the white card. "Meet the official winner of Candy Land!"

And then I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore and released my hysterics.

"This game is rigged! The damn box lied when they said it was ages three and up! You need to be like forty!" Emily screeched, falling face first on the bed. "How the hell did you go to being stuck at Lord Licorice's house to the Castle!"

"I got Queen Frostine, remember?" I chuckled.

On this late Tuesday afternoon Emily and I had been playing Candy Land to cheer me up. Emily had been bragging and gloating as she left me in the dust, but that all changed when she drew Plumpy's card and I drew Queen Frostine.

I had always liked Queen Frostine...

Anyway, lets go to the part where I needed to be cheered up, shall we?

After I had woken up at one in the afternoon due to a sleepless night I was incredibly surprised to find that it was not Emily who was bringing me my breakfast or lunch, whatever, but Carson.

I sat up in bed as Carson shut the door softly behind him. "You're not Emily." I blurted.

He grinned his infamous grin. "Really? What gave it away? The fact that I'm a man or my sexy looks?"

I just stared at him.

He chuckled after an awkward moment and sat on the end of the bed with the tray.

Suddenly aware that I was still in my clothes from yesterday, I yanked up the covers to conceal my haggard appearance. "You can just go now." I said, holding the blanket tightly to my neck.

Please just leave you stupid dog, just leave.

He raised his eyebrows. "No, I think I'll stay here. This is partially my room after all, and I wanted to talk to you."

Oh, great another werewolf wanting to talk to me about something. And this time it's the crazy "I-think-its-okay-to-throw-girls-I-don't-know-over-my-shoulder" one.

"Why would you ever think that I would want to talk to you?" I spat at him.

You know, in my sleepless night I was able to do a lot of thinking about Carson. Through my midst of some crazy, desperate, and/or reassuring thoughts I found that I am not going to go all possum and pretend to be dead while Carson walks all over me playing Mates. If I'm going to get out of here, first I need to make my stand, and remain strong in the pack. It seems impossible around a bunch of ripped werewolves, but I have to try.

"You're my mate." His blue eyes were incredibly piercing and I scowled.

"Yeah, we've been over that."

Carson smiled and still chuckling, held out a bag of grapes for me to take. I blatantly ignored them, I am not going to accept food from him. I am going to get him to let me out of here.