Chapter Seven: The Scientist: An Amazing Performance

The smell of chocolate and mint filled my nose. I rolled over and cuddled up to the soft, feathery comforter, and smelled more deeply.

                Wait...

                I shot out of bed and looked around. Closet doors, messy dresser, desk with papers all over it, and a bed that smells like a mixture of Axe Chocolate and mint. This was definitely not my room.

                The walls were white with barely any pictures. Only a few of animals, like a black tiger with white stripes and a leopard with white spots. My eyes trailed over the unique painting style, but were suddenly distracted by the painting of a moon in purple swirls. I got out of bed and walked over to it, getting a better look.

                It was gorgeous. Blues, reds, and greens were mixed in with all the colors and gave it a majestic look. I ran my hand along the rough surface, all the way to the desk below it. Graded papers dotted the oak desk with red pens and a small lamp.

                I stopped.

                Graded papers?

                I picked up a random sheet. Tiffany Adams.

                My eyes widened as I picked up another one. Aaron Mathews.

                These were people from my English Class!

                That's right! I got into it with my dad and Mr. Carter found me and I ended up...

                Oh Jesus Christ. I stayed here!

                Quietly, I crept over to the door and looked down the hall. The smell of bacon became stronger and I followed it. When I reached the end, I saw Mr. Carter at the stove, cooking what I expected was breakfast.

                He turned around and I froze.

                I tried to keep my eyes from going to his toned chest.  His defined six pack emphasized the rest of his muscles on his body. How come I never noticed how muscular his arms were? And why wasn't he wearing a shirt?!

                He smirked, "Is something wrong?"

                I composed myself, "Do you always go around half naked?"

                "In my house, I tend to." He said matter-of-factly.

                Right. His house. Forgot.

                "But seeing as how you're obsessed with wearing my shirts now-a-days, I figured I'd give you the first pick this morning."

                "What are you talking about? This is my..." I trailed off when I looked down at the white button up shirt.

                My eyes widened and I felt my face heat up. When did I change my shirt? More importantly, did he have anything to do with it?

                He chuckled, "Don't worry. Nothing happened. You just looked cold last night so I slipped it on you."

                I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to process all this. "Okay, so I came over, took off my shirt, and slept in your bed, but you did nothing?" I snorted, "Do I look like some kind of idiot?"

                He was definitely amused, "What makes you think I'm the one that attacked you? You were pretty hysterical last night. Even attacked me out of nowhere."