Chapter Fifteen: Mr. Carter Learns the Truth.. Mostly

Mr. Carter pulled away and stared at me. The first thing I noticed was the dark tint his eyes had. The next was the obvious amusement on his face, “Are you going to stare at me like that all day?”

                My mind was so blank, I didn’t even retaliate, “What… but that was… what?”

                He smirked, “What was what? This?” He leaned in and kissed me, lingering only a little longer before he pulled away, “Or this?” He murmured.

                He wrapped his arms firmly around my waist and pulled me closer.

                My eyes widened as he pressed our wet bodies together and his mouth found mine in another soft kiss. With no control over my body, my hands clasped his shirt, balling it into my fists, and I let him take control.

                He tasted of chocolate, as I had always expected. The chocolate was laced with hints of mint and both seemed to fill my nose as Mr. Carter’s lips moved in a rhythmic motion. His skilled mouth moved in a slow and deliberate rhythm, purposely irritating me.

                It was never enough that my head was a mess.

                There wasn’t any need for tongue either. Just a burning kiss that was everything I thought it would be and more.

                I groaned when the asshole pulled away slightly. I tugged at his shirt, trying to pull him closer. He smirked against my lips, but did as asked and pulled me closer than before.

                My body was on fire. He seemed to fill every space, leaving nothing untouched as his hands rested on my side, thumbs circling lightly.

                So much better than a dream.

                “Can I join?” A familiar, seductive voice asked.

                Mr. Carter smirked, unnerved by the interruption, and straightened up, still keeping me securely against him, “Sorry. She’s mine.”

                My face heated up as Valery returned the smirk, “Fine, but I want her friend.”

                “I don’t think she goes that way.” Actually, I knew she didn’t. She was too in to Matt.

                She wriggled her eyebrow, “Sweetie, haven’t you ever heard the saying ‘Once you go Val, you never go back’?”

                I laughed, “I thought it was ‘Once you go black’?”

                “I was misquoted since I’m so dark.”

                She was pretty tan…

                Mr. Carter chuckled, “Speaking of dark, it’s getting late. We should get you home.”

                Home… Dad!

                I shook my head feverously, “You can’t take me home. I’ll walk.”

                He raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

                Crap. Think of lie… “Because I don’t want to ride with you.”

                Really? That’s the best you can do? I mentally face-palmed. That kiss really got to me, obviously.