||Twenty-three||

I woke up to my empty apartment with no sight of Ian. In fact, if it wasn't for the beer bottles in my fridge, I would have thought I imagined the entire night.

Groggy, I somehow still managed to rub the sleep out of my eyes and walk towards the bathroom where I properly woke myself with a splash of cold, icy water.

Then I found my phone and tried switching it on, just to see if I got any messages from Devin or even Ian for that matter. But when I pressed on the small button by the side, the screen did not light up like it was supposed to, and I almost tossed it out the window.

Instead, I just opted to throw it at the couch, where I'd pick it up to charge it later.

I had a quick breakfast, fed the dog who was anxiously waiting for food, and then fastened the leash on his collar before heading out the apartment.

The dog barked a couple of times, and I shook my head at his impatience before my gaze fell upon Rob's door.

Doubtful he would even reply, I still knocked on the door a couple of times.

The door swung open abruptly, and I jumped back in surprise, the dog letting out a nervous whine.

"Hey, Nate!"

I blinked at Rob's enthusiastic grin. It was too early in the day for that.

"Hey, I just wanted to check up on you. Everything okay?"

He nodded his head vigorously. "Yes, yes! I'm great. Adrianna and I went to this cooking class yesterday and it was a lot of fun! You should try it out with your girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have a girlfriend."

Rob blinked and peered at me like I suddenly grew antennas on my head. "Oh right, you swing for that team. I almost forgot."

I smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're happy."

Rob beamed, his face alit with joy. "Thanks, maybe you should try those cooking classes with your boyfriend then."

"My boyfriend?" I raised my eyebrows.

He wiggled his brows."Yeah, I saw him leave a few minutes ago."

Ian.

I laughed. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Why not? He's attractive, no? Even I can tell."

I shook my head and scoffed. "He's dating my best friend. Plus, he's not my type."

Rob frowned. Then he shrugged mere moments later. "All right."

"Okay," I said awkwardly. "I'll see you around."

"Bye Nate."

Then he shut the door and I sighed with relief.

"Are you just going to stand there or what?"

I jumped. "Ian."

"Good morning." He smirked, leaning against the wall opposite to me, a plastic bag interlaced with his fingers.

"Hey," I said weakly.

"I got breakfast," he held the bag up for me to see.

"I already had some."

He raised his eyebrows challengingly.

I sighed. "I Guess it wouldn't hurt if I had more than one."

Ian grinned, and together we walked to the elevator, the dog in tow.

We walked a bit, taking turns with the dog since he was so out of control.