||Thirty-one||

It was night time when I woke up. Ian and I spent the majority of the day watching old cartoons and trying to imitate Spongebob's laugh.

Ian did a better job at it than I, but I would never admit that to him in person.

We ordered pizza for lunch, but Ian left me in charge to order and I ended up requesting more boxes than I should have. We had the leftover for dinner.

I must have fallen asleep somewhere between The Power Puff Girls and Recess, because I remember seeing either or just before my eyelids collapsed on me.

I was lying on the couch, wrapped in the heavy blanket that Ian had thrown atop of me. I sat up from my sleeping position, running a hand down my face lazily.

I gathered the blanket in my arms, wrapping it around my body as I stood and scanned the apartment.

The only source of light was one coming from a corner of the apartment. It was a desk lamp, shining its light down on Ian's hunched-over figure.

I slowly made my way towards him, and the closer I got there, the more I could see what he was up to. He had a large thick paper spread out over a desk (which was inclined at an angle for better usage), and was sketching modules and figures. In my eyes they looked like lines and shapes, angles and numbers that made no sense.

"What are you drawing?"

Ian turned at the sound of my voice. "It's for one of my classes. It's supposed to be a blueprint."

"It looks really good."

He scanned me from up to down. "You look really good."

I rolled my eyes. "That's so cheesy."

He turned in his chair, wheels squeaking against the wooden floor as he gently grabbed my hips and pulled me towards him.

My heart raced as I fell on his lap, throwing a leg over either side of him. His hands moved up from my hips to my cheeks and he softly drew me in for a kiss.

My heart raced as soon as his lips brushed against mine. I closed my eyes, tilting my head as his lips pressed firmly against my own, and in my head I saw a swirl of colors. Pink, purple, turquoise streaks against the darkness in my head. I didn't know if it was just me, if I was seeing the colors because I had just woken up. I didn't care, though. It felt so good it almost hurt.

I felt Ian's fingers lift the corners of my shirt up, stroking the skin underneath and I shivered slightly. My eyes flickered open as I pulled back to meet his gaze and I saw the hunger and need swirling in his eyes.

For once, I felt unsure of what to do next. I had my fingers in his hair, his hands were on my hips, I felt heat on every inch of my skin and a drive to pull Ian closer until all I could feel was him. I wanted him, and I could see he wanted me too.

It scared me, I realized. It was why I couldn't do anything, why I froze. I wanted him, he wanted me, and it sent a pang of pain to my chest.

Ian's hands had moved higher up my torso, fingers brushing the bare skin on my back.

I shivered again.

"Is it too cold?"

Gone was the hunger in his eyes, replaced with warmth and concern instead.

I swallowed hard. "I'm fine."

"We can move to the bedroom," he said softly. "We don't have to do anything."

"No." I took a deep breath.

He frowned, his fingers sliding off my skin to rest over my shirt. "Nate..."