chapter 6

"I have never ice skated before, you know" I said as Logan pulled me towards the large grey building.

"Then you might as well learn, we're not getting any younger you know" he shot me a smile.

I rolled my eyes as we rushed towards the entrance.

As we entered, I could hear music playing from somewhere. There were little shops everywhere, selling snacks and cool drink.

We walked past a lady handing out free samples of popcorn. I laughed as Logan miss pronounced the word popcorn

"May we please have two poc-porns please" he said, as she handed him two small paper bags fulled with the puffy salted snack.

"If you liked this, then be sure to try the the large bags" she pointed to a popcorn stand, trying to advertise the business.

We walked on until we reached a large glass door, leading to a even larger glass dome

Logan pushed the door open and let me in first. The air was cold, very cold, and there was a slight echo coming from the people gliding across the ice.

He grabbed my hand, "stop being so scared" he laughed, pulling me towards a large table.

"I'm not scared, I'm concerned" I said, trying to make my fear seem smaller.

"Yeah, yeah" he laughed, "come on!" He pulled me along until we came to a stop, behind the table was a man standing in a red suit.

"Size" he said, looking towards us. Logan gave our shoe sizes, and the man handed him two pairs of ice skates.

We walked towards a small bench, as we placed our bags down.

"Took you long enough" Catherine said, as she stood leaning against another man we hadn't seen before.

"Sorry" logan said, "this one was two scared to leave the apparent" he pointed to me.

"I am not scared!" I shouted in defence.

"It's okay to be afraid you know. It just means I will have to watch over you even more carefully" he winked and kissed my cheek.

"You two done yet?" Catherine smirked at us.

After I tied the laces, I slowly wobbled my way to the door of the ice rink.

Logan entered, and then turned back too offer his hand. "I've got it" I said, trying to be brave. But the second I slid onto the ice, I felt the cold hit my butt from my fall.

Logan laughed, "I know you have this, but mind if I give you just a little help?". He held out his hand again.

Embarrassed, I took it. He pulled me to my feet.

"Let's start off slow" he said, slowly pulling me behind him.

I was starting to get the hang of it. "There you go", he turned around, showing off his moves. He was now skating backwards, looking at me, both his hands holding mine.

"See, it's not that bad", he slowly let go of my hands..

I pulled my phone from my pocket, but it seemed almost impossible.

After what had happened, my hands continously shook, vibrating uncontrollably.

I looked down too the screen
Incoming call Catherine.

I put it onto the chair next to me, not answering. I couldn't find myself to speak to anyone at this moment.

I just wanted to be alone.

Doors across the room suddenly opened, and a familiar face walked through. It was the lady from the roof, her face a bright crimson.

She walked to a man sitting in a chair near mine, crouched over with his head rested between his closed legs.

"The doctors said he had survived the cancer for now" I heard her say, as the man jumped up, holding the lady close in his arms, tears falling from both their faces.

I had never seen anyone so happy before. Staring at these two people hugging one another made tears start running from my own eyes.

The lady let go as she noticed me, then gave her husband a kiss and walked over to where I was sitting.

She sat down next to me, placing her hand on my knee, "my son came out of ICU today" she said, as she tightened her grip.

"See, I told you, it could always be worse" she said once again

I just stared at her, not saying anything.

"So you still haven't told me what you're doing here" she stated.

But I couldn't answer, so I just smiled. Then I looked away as I felt my eyes starting to get all watery again.

She let go of my leg "it gets better you know" then gave me a tight hug.

I couldn't hold myself back anymore, as I turned to her, rapping my arms around her in return, resting my head on her shoulder.

I let all my emotion out as I dug my hands into her back.

I cried, and cried, my whole body moving along too the stuttered screams escaping my mouth.

I can't do this, I have to get out here..

Before I loose my mind..

I have to leave...