chapter 12

"LOGAN!" I shouted again.

Soon a doctor ran into the room. "Sir, Please, you have to calm down!"

"Where is logan?" I shouted again

"We are not allowed to give you that information, you have just been in a car accident, and need to rest, so please sir, lay back down." He insisted as he pointed to my bed.

"NO! Where is logan?" I screamed again.

I started slamming my hands against the bed railings, screaming at the top of my Lungs. If they weren't going to tell me where logan was, then I was going to force them.

"SIR!" the doctor shouted, but I didn't stop.

He ran out the room and came back with a nurse. She had a long white dress on and an injection held in her hand. Her hair was tied in a ponytail with a red elastic.

"I'm sorry sir" the doctor said before I felt the piercing pain of the needle go into my arm.

Everything started getting woozy, and soon, the whole room went dark.

why?
that was the question wasn't it?
why was this happening
to him?
to me?
to us...
what we had was perfect, maybe not your standards of perfect
no, but perfect to me
and now, it was being taken away from me.

I woke up again, pain in my head. The time had just moved a few hours up, and I was still in this horrid hospital bed.

The doctor walked into the room. "Feeling better sir?" He said.

But I just looked at him.

I finally found my speech "please, I just want to know where Logan is?" I said, having defeat in my voice

The doctor looked to the floor..

After a while he finally spoke. "Logan had an asthma attack that day you two were brought in"

"Yeah, I know that, I knew that before, but I just want to know where his is"

The day of you car accident, Logan suffered from another asthma attack, that rendered him unconscious from anoxic brain injury"

The doctor then continued, "you have been here for 5 days now ,since the car accident"

I looked at the doctor surprised, it hadn't even felt like five days. But that still didn't answer my question.

"Anoxic brain injury means that the brain couldn't get enough oxygen, and on the fourth day, Logan exhaled his last breath"

My whole word crashed at these words, the whole roof of my mind came falling down.

Logan had died? He actually died.

I couldn't breath. There were no adequate words to describe the pain in my body, the pain of loosing Logan.

"But he did leave you something" the doctor said.

I tried to look at him through my burning red eyes.

He took his phone from his pocket and pressed a few buttons.

"The night before your accident, Logan had requested I play this for you" he said as he pressed play and walked out the room.

It was a voice recording. A tear ran down my face as I heard Logan's voice speak.

"Zach..

My asthma is getting worse, and I'm not sure if I will survive it. But I do know one thing. You will survive it, Zach, my brave soldier, never give up hope.

I know this might hurt, but please know I'm there. Maybe not physically, but I'll always be there, because I love you Zach.

I love your smile, your sweet forgiving eyes, you soft loving lips. The way you would get mad at the silliest thing, the way you cuddled into my arms when I felt down, and you, most of all I love you, and I will never stop loving you.

I'm glad it was you, and I'm glad that I got to spend what we had, with you.

Thank you Zach, for all the memories I was lucky enough to to have with you.

Every little tear, and ever little smile.

I will be forever grateful for what we had, and I will forever cherish the time we spent.

I love you so much.

I have only one last wish, Zach

Please, never forget me.

Promise me you will never forget me..."

The pain sunk deeper into my body, I had never even got a chance to say good bye.

I picked up his grey jacket that was hung over the end of my bed and pulled it into my embrace.

I closed my eyes as the tears still flowed down them and found enough power inside of me to open my mouth.

"I promise, Logan".