chapter 9

Slowly...I reached for the door handle, pulling on it till the door flung open.

I pulled myself out of my vehicle, falling to the hard tar road. But I was already in enough pain, for my thud on the dirt to hurt.

Small rocks stuck to my skin as my blood ran off my fingertips.

I managed to glance up at the car that had slammed into me, but didn't see any movement.

Small parts of glass spread across the road, some of them pierced into me.

I could feel drops of blood run from my forehead.

I felt dizzy, quite dizzy.

The whole place started going dark. My head was too heavy for me to hold up, so it crashed against the floor.

I could barely open my mouth, but managed to get a small whisper out

"H...Help me, please" I said using my last breath.

"well we didn't go to the movies last time, because of the cat incident, so I have to make up for it some way" logan said handing me a bunch of fresh flowers tied together with a black ribbon.

I stuck my hand into the pink roses and pulled the envelope from it. The paper smelt just like the flowers. The same smell you would get walking through a forest just after it rained.

I slowly put the roses down, not wanting to ruin them, and started pulling open the letter.

It was two tickets, to an amusement park about two hours drive from here.

"Logan, you didn't have to" I said looking at the tickets

"But I wanted to" he stepped forwards and kissed my head "I bought them online so we wouldn't have to wait in the long lines" he admitted proudly..

The car ride there was really fun. I decided we would listen to my choice of music, so I plugged my memory stick into the radio area.

Some of the songs Logan knew, so he sang loudly along with them, while I over dramatically blocked my ears even though he was really good.

We walked past the people waiting in line to buy their tickets, and Logan couldn't help but have a mock full look in his grin.

We went on a few of the rides before it was lunch time. I had almost cried at the one, because it was so scary, dropping you 30 meters into the ground, before stopping and pulling back up.

But Logan could see I was teary when we climbed off, so he took me in his arms holding onto me.

"Are you okay, we don't have to go on anymore of the rides if you don't want to?"

At that moment I had realised the more I was scared of rides we went on, the more attention I would get from Logan.. so I used this to my advantage

We sat down outside a restaurant as the lady came to ask us what to drink.

"You know how many numbers I had to go through till I got yours?" He asked referring to our very first date.

I laughed "well I had to do something to keep you interested, and besides, I wasn't just going to give my number to a complete stranger."

"Not even one as charming as me?" He raised an eyebrow with a sneaky smile

"Well I wouldn't exactly call your first expression charming" I giggled

"What do you mean?" He looked shocked.

"You weren't the best at flirting back then" I laughed.

"Well it worked, didn't it?" He smirked.

I playfully punched him in the shoulder and he giggled.

We took longer than I expected as we ate our 'lunch', because it was already past five in the afternoon when we headed out the gates towards the car.

"Thank you, that was really fun!" I admitted as I rapped my one arm around his waste.

"Don't thank me just yet, our day's not over" he said.

We climbed into his car as he drove for about another 30 minutes.

He stopped and turned the car off.

I got really excited when I looked ahead to see we were parked in one of those 'drive in movies' things

I had always seen them on TV, and wanted to go to one so bad. And I was finally here, and with the person I loved more than life itself.

I stopped as I rethought my words in my head. Had I really just used the word love?

I hated that word. People would always say the 'loved' one another, but then end up leaving.

But maybe it was true, maybe what I felt for him was truly love..

The movie was quite boring, not much went on besides the usual plot 'the woman would get caught, to only be rescued by the hero, and then the villain would end it off with the words, I'll get you yet, and the movie would end with a kissing scene'

I rejected these types of movies, as they only gave a false accusation of what life really was.

But I didn't really care about the movie, because Logan and I had been talking through most of it.

I had learned that his parents were both living in China for some business pitch, they had to stay there for two years, learning how Chinese people worked and so on, until they could return.

But they were getting paid, and by the sound of Logan, it was a fair amount.

The movie ended and people started driving off into the distance.

"Time to go" I said. "One last thing" Logan blushed.

"What's wrong?" I asked, because he clearly had something he wanted to say.

He looked at me, deeply. "I..I love you" he said as he pressed his lips on mine.

I pulled away from his kiss. "Logan"

"Yes?" He asked

"I love you two"