THE CASTLE?!

"What?!" Mes exploded. "I am not doing that." She started shaking her head and pacing the room. "Yes you are." Cade stated. "You are moving in and that's that." He gritted out. Sometimes this woman could be so stubborn.

"Also, you won't work anymore." He added and looked away from her deadly glare. "What did you just say?" She gritted out lowly. "You won't work any longer." He repeated. "Why?!" She cried out.

"I'm going to be announcing our news very soon and once people who don't exactly like me hear about it they are going to come after you to get to me. And no matter what happens, I swear on my life to keep you safe." He stated. "I don't care. You are not telling anybody about us and I am not moving in and I am going to keep working." She said, not giving up.

"It is my job to protect you." He said exasperatedly. "Then I guess today is not your lucky day because you. Are. Fired. I don't need a bodyguard." She pointed a finger at him and walked up the stairs with Daisy still in her arms.

She dropped into the bed and set Daisy aside. She groaned into her palms and rubbed her face, probably smudging some of her make up.

Tiny arms wrapped around her neck and she looked to her side to see Daisy hugging her. "Mommy says that when someone is sad, give them a big hug. It makes them happy." She chimed with a smile. "Thanks, baby. I feel better already. She said and hugged the girl.

Cade couldn't believe she walked away. Okay, maybe he believed. Mercedes had always been stubborn and difficult.

"She'll come around." Her sister assured him. "I hope so," he sighed. "She doesn't understand that I care for her." He frowned. "Go talk to her. Make her understand." Hannah said, jerking her chin towards the stairs. He listened to her and headed up the stairs to find his mate. 'Don't upset her.' His wolf warned

Hannah picked up her baby who had slept through the whole conversation and headed into the kitchen to get something to eat, hoping her sister would make a wise choice.

Without knocking, Cade walked into the room in which his mate's scent was strongest. The sight before him warmed his heart. Mes was cuddled up on the bed with her niece. She would be a great mother one day, Cade didn't doubt that.

"Red," he watched her look up at him. Her cold glare returned. "What do you want?" She asked in a clipped tone. "We need to talk." He stated. He couldn't understand how the only girl that intrigued him most could infuriate him the most in just mere seconds.

"We need to work this out." He took a breath to calm himself. "I agree." She breathed out. His eyebrows shot up in surprise. She had never agreed on anything with him before.
"Being your mate means I'll be a danger magnet." She pointed out. He opened his mouth to talk but she held up her hand, silencing him. "I have thought about it and have made a decision." She looked at his expectant face and sighed. "I'll move in with you on one condition." She stated. "What?" He asked with a small smile. "That I still get to work." She said in a hope filled voice. "Red," he started but she interrupted him. "Either I work or I don't move in with you. Your choice Mr. Bravo." She smirked. She had him exactly where she wanted him.

He rolled his lips into his mouth as he stared at her. 'Let her work.' His wolf said. 'Why?' He asked. 'That way you will have her with you, not only at home but at work also. Also, you can keep an eye on her at all times.' His wolf explained. He was convinced. He let out a breath, raking his fingers through his dark brown locks, "fine. You can still work." A huge grin spread across her face at his words.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She squealed as she jumped off the bed and hugged him. Realising what she had done, she pulled away awkwardly, staring at the ground. "I didn't mean to do that. Sorry. Thank you." She muttered and turned towards the bed, her back towards him. Daisy had woken up to her squealing and was staring at them with a smiling face.