Date Night

Mercedes looked through her clothes, frustrated. She couldn't find anything to wear for their date night. Especially because Cade wouldn't tell her where he was taking her. He had just told her to dress casual. Well, what kind of casual?!

She groaned and sat in the floor in the closet. There were clothes strewn all over. She groaned and kicked a shoe aside.

"Hey," Cade stuck his head in. He tried to hold back a smile at the sight of her. Women were so confusing. He had told her to dress casual, and here she was, sitting on a mountain of clothes, suits included.

"Okay, let me pick out something for you." He walked in and pecked her pouting lips. He helped her up and began to look through the clothes. He picked out a yellow dress which was fitted at the top and flared at the bottom. It was a very simple dress. Very...casual. "This is pretty." Mes squinted at the dress for a minute then nodded.

"What about shoes?" She looked around. He picked a pair of black sandals with rhinestone decoration. "And bag?" She cocked a brow, smiling. "For? You wouldn't need to bring money." He frowned. "For my phone and chapstick." He nodded then looked among her bags. He brought out a small black bag with a gold chain strap.

"Do you want me to pick out earrings too?" He teased. "Well, since you're already on a roll," she laughed. He looked in her jewellery boxes and picked out a gold pair with diamonds. "That was my grandmother's." She reached for them. "I've never worn them."

"Wear them tonight." She nodded and placed them on the little shelf. "Okay, let's get all this cleared up." She started to pick up clothes and return them to their rightful spots. He helped and soon everything was where it was supposed to be.

Cade went down to do some more Alpha king stuff and Mes went to start getting ready. They were to leave at seven and it was five. She needed to shave and do all sorts of skin care. She run a bath and got in.

Her phone rang almost immediately. She picked up. "I will torch your ass." Nixie growled on the line. "I'm sorry, baby. I had stuff to work out." She apologized. "Don't 'baby' me. You had stuff to work out and you couldn't ask me to help?" Mes pinched the bridge of her nose and inhaled.

"I'm sorry. I'll be coming in to work tomorrow. We'll talk then okay?" Nixie exhaled, her anger deflating. "Okay, fine. What's up right now?" She perked up. Mes smiled and told her about the date night she and Cade were going to have. "Ooh," Nixie giggled.

"So you and Vern?" Mes asked and Nix sighed. "It's wonderful. He's always buying me stuff and taking me out. He wants to come see my parents." She whispered out the last part. "What?! That's amazing!" Mes shrieked happily. "Yeah," Nix's voice fell. "Nix?"

She exhaled deeply and said, "I don't know, I'm just kinda scared. In a way, all this seems like some kind of fairy tale and I feel like I'm gonna blink one day and it'll all be gone." Mes understood. "It's not a dream Nix, it's so real, it should be shocking. Let him see them. You love him don't you?"

Nixie was quiet for a while. "Yes," she whispered. "He loves you too. Let him ask for your hand the proper way." Nixie's muffled breathing was on the line then she mumbled an 'okay'.

"I gotta shave now. We'll talk tomorrow, okay?" Nixie agreed and they hung up. Mes quickly went through her routine skincare and wrapped the big fluffy robe around her body.

She put on light make up then got dressed. Cade had a good eye. She looked good in the dress. She picked up her bag and went downstairs.

She found him in the kitchen drinking water. "I'm ready." He looked her over and winked at her. He dropped the bottle, took her hand and they walked out.

"Where are we headed?" She asked as she buckled her seatbelt. "I told you. It's a surprise." He laughed and started the car. She huffed and looked out the window as they drove away.

The drove out of town then into the woods. She watched carefully, watching the scenery and taking in the scents. They stooped finally atop a cliff. Cade stepped out then came over to open her door. "Milady," he bowed and took her hand, helping her out of the car.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful." She stared over the city, the lights twinkling in the distance. "I love it." She turned to see him holding a blanket and a picnic basket.

"Surprise," he grinned at her, his blue eyes twinkling. She had ways loved twinkling lights. She and her father had had a spot they used to go to and this reminded her so much of it.

She helped him lay the blanket and they sat. She knew sappy romantic moves weren't his thing but he did them for her. They sat down and he brought out a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of expensive looking champagne. He sat them down and got the glasses.

"Pop it." He handed the bottle to her and she uncorked it, the sweet scent filling her nostrils. She poured them each a glass and they relaxed, watching the lights.

"How did you know?" She asked when she bit into the chocolate covered strawberry he held to her mouth. "Your mom. She didn't tell me per say. She talked about when you were growing up and I picked up what I needed to make you fall hopelessly in love with me." He winked and she couldn't hold back the smile

He didn't need to do much for that to happen.

"I had the women at the pack house make us some dinner." He pulled out the vacuum bowl out and opened it. "We'll have to eat straight from the bowl because I forgot to pack plates. But there are forks here." He held up the forks.

The scent wafting from the bowl made her mouth water. The chicken stir fry looked absolutely delicious. They dug in. "Oh this is wonderful. I need this recipe." She moaned. "I'll ask for it." He agreed with her, taking a sip of his wine.

They finished and sat for a while, finishing the wine and talking. He told her about his childhood before they met in high school. She laughed at his childhood shenanigans and she told him a few of her own. Before they knew it was late.

They got up and packed the things back into the car. Before they left, he took out his phone and took a picture of her with the city lights twinkling behind her.

The headed back home in companionable silence.

-----------
I know it isn't long, but another chapter will follow soon, I promise 😘
You know you love me,
Xoxo
Lyza