Mom's visit

He set her on her feet. She turned and moved her hair out of the way. Without a word, he pulled down the zipper and the dress came off.

He gulped, trying his best to keep his eyes above chest level. Mes wasn't like the other girls. He had already lost her once, he wasn't ready to lose her again. "It's okay. You can look." She rolled her eyes. "If I do, I might be tempted to do more." His voice was gruff.

"Let's go." She took his hand and led him into the bathroom. She jumped up onto the counter and brought him between her legs. "Mercedes," he gulped. "What? I just want to give you a shave." She shuddered at the proximity.

He nodded as she wet a washcloth and wiped his face with it. She wrapped her legs around his waist, biting her lip. His scent was intoxicating and she was ready to melt into his arms.

She swallowed and reached for the shaving foam and the razor. "I don't want it all gone. Maybe we could leave a little stubble?" She inhaled deeply. God, he smelled so delicious. "However you want it." He smiled at her, his eyes twinkling in the light.

She pecked his lips and reached for some scissors to trim the hair. He made faces at her as she cut the hair. "You do realise that I'm holding scissors against your face, right?" She cocked her brow with a smile. He looked at the scissors then at her, "I'll risk it." She laughed.

When the hair was low enough, she put the scissors down and got the razor and began to trim it to the length she wanted.

He pulled her off the counter when she was done. "Shower?" She nodded and reached behind her to unclasp her bra. His eyes immediately glued themselves to her breasts.

"Fuck, Mercedes."

"It's okay." She took his hand and placed it on her chest. "After what we've just been through, I don't think it's wise." Cade stepped back. "Shower with me." She pleaded with her eyes, the green in them twinkling like emeralds.

He pulled down her panties then took off his clothes and walked her into the shower. He turned on the shower and they stood under the warm water, his arms around her from behind.

"I realised something while I was gone. I can't be away from you. It affects not just you and I but everyone else. I've never had this much responsibility. It's scary. I don't think I can do it."

Cade kissed her head when her voice broke. "You can. I'm here with you. It was scary for me too at first but I grew to get used to it. It's not as big as it seems. The parks mostly take care of themselves."

"I can't help not being scared." She whispered and he kissed her head. They got out of the shower and dressed for bed.

She curled into him, feeling her wolf sigh in satisfaction. With a smile, she let sleep take her.

--------

Cade couldn't keep the smile off his face. She really was back home with him. He looked over his coffee mug at her and caught her ogling him. He had not put on a shirt for a reason. She could hardly look away.

She blushed, clearing her throat and forcing her eyes away. "Um, so, any plans today?" It was a Sunday so they weren't going to work. "Well, I have a few documents to go over
But it won't take more than an hour and half. Wanna do something after?"

She squinted at him, smiling. "Date night." His face broke into a smile. She was finally giving their relationship a chance. "Wherever you want to go." He nodded, coming around the counter to hold her. "No. You come up with a place and maybe activity." She let him hold her, taking in his scent. She could get used to this.

"I should make breakfast," she mumbled into his chest. "I'll help." He pulled away and reached for the ingredients that were on the top shelves. They set to making some pancakes and some avocado toast and scrambled eggs. "Tea? Orange juice?" She reached for the pitcher of orange juice. "Oj." She poured him a glass and made some tea for herself.