MEET THE FAMILY?!

"Mes?" Cade placed his hand on her thigh, catching her attention. "Yeah?" She sounded breathless. He smirked at that.

They were in the car on their way back to the castle from work. It's been two weeks since Mes moved to the castle.

"I have something to tell you." He took her hand and entwined their fingers. "What?" She gave him all her attention. "My family is coming to visit this weekend." Mes turned to look out the window, "um, that's nice." She muttered. "What do you mean 'that's nice"? Aren't you happy?" Cade asked with a frown. "It's not that. It's just that I'm nervous." She admitted with a heavy sigh.

"I've never actually done the 'meet the family' thing in any of my previous relationships. Well, yes. I did meet the parents over at the guy's place a few times, but I was never taken home to meet the parents." She rambled on, trying to explain.

He placed his hand on her thigh, calming her down. "I'm just very nervous. What if they don't like me? What if they think I'm not good enough for you. What if-" Cade leaned over and kissed her, stopping her mid sentence. "Don't worry, they'll love you." He assured her with a smile.

The rest the ride home was quiet with Mes internally freaking out about meeting the King and Queen. A lot of 'what ifs' swirled in her head that she didn't even notice when they pulled up the castle.

"Mes?" She heard her name being called. "Hmm?" She turned to face him. "We are home." She looked around feeling silly. Without a word, she exited the car and walked into the huge building and into the large kitchen to get a snack.

After her well needed snack, she went up to her room and decided to take a nap. The thought of being introduced to Cade's parents made sleeping impossible. The 'what ifs' returned.

'Please don't let me embarrass myself' she silently prayed. Even sleep still did not come, she went to the huge library inside the building to get a book. Hopefully, it would calm her.

Picking up 'Jemima J' a modern looking book, she dropped into a chair and commenced reading.

Cade entered his room, thinking hard. He hoped his family won't give his mate a hard time.

Pulling off his tie, he picked up his BlackBerry and looked through his emails. His new client had emailed him details of their contract which he had signed earlier that day. He carefully looked through as he continued to undress and then dress himself. Sure that the contract was free of loopholes that would work to his disadvantage, he quickly emailed a quick agreement and set the device aside.

Dressed in a plain t-shirt and sweatpants, Cade dropped onto his bed with his beautiful mate in mind. He had noticed the distance she kept between herself and people. Even him.

Even though they are mates and both full grown adults, she refused to share his room with him saying, she couldn't trust herself with him but he knew that instead she couldn't trust him with herself.

Mercedes awoke with a start. She had fallen asleep halfway through the book. She groaned as she rolled off the bed. She walked into the washroom to brush her teeth.

The growling off her stomach reminded her that she had missed dinner. She quietly made her way downstairs and into the kitchen.

A shadow was bent over the sink, unmoving. The scent of the person told her exactly who it was. "Cade?" She called out to him. He spun around it look at her. "Hmm" he hummed responding to her.

"Your know you have a meeting early tomorrow. You should be resting." She scolded as she made her way to the fridge. He just kept quiet and looked at her.

He watched her as she made herself a sandwich and sat down to eat it.

"Mes," he startled her when he spoke her name. "Yeah?" she asked curiously. "Are you happy?" He questioned taking a seat opposite her. She swallowed and nodded. "Why wouldn't I be happy?" She said. "I meant happy here. With me." He stared at her face. Be honest with me." He added when she said nothing.