THOUGHTS

Mes locked herself up in her room when they got back home. Mason and Jenna were in the kitchen working out their issues and she was hoping Mason was going to keep his word to her and keep his lips sealed about her whereabouts.

She thought about what Jenna had said. It was about time she took her own advice but she couldn't bring herself to. Anytime she thought about Cade and shut her eyes, all she saw was him tearing into her father. She knew it wasn't real but she couldn't bring herself to accept it. All that run though her mind was that he was a murderer and even though it had been to protect her, it still brought back memories and made her skin crawl. It was all part of the reason she left the werewolf world to make a life for herself among humans. She just wanted to shed the baggage but it seemed to cling on to her and yank her back into the dark abyss each time there was a sliver of light.

She sighed, hiding her face in her palms. 'Go back to him.' Her wolf who she had all so successfully pushed to the back of her mind had suddenly reared her head. And that's when the emptiness overcame her. She was suddenly so sad and empty that she curl into herself, trying not to cry.

Keeping away from your mate could cause serious damage to your wolf and in severe cases, kill the you and your mate but Mes hadn't thought of that. Mostly because he had not marked her yet but with the Alpha King things were different and she was just finding out. Biting her lip to hold back the sobs, she let out the tears. She missed him. She missed him in a way that she had never missed anyone before. Not even her father and it was choking her.

"Hey," Jenna sat next to her, rubbing her back comfortingly. "I don't know what to do."

"I know, I know." Jenna hugged her. In the little time they had spent together, they had become really close. "Jen, tell me what to do. I feel so miserable right now." Mes sobbed. "You should go back." Jenna said without a breath.

Suddenly, Mes sat up and wiped her face. "The wedding!" She changed the subject and Jenna let her. She could tell she was going through a really difficult issue.

"Tell me about Nancy," Mercedes grinned, all traces of sad heartbroken Mes was gone in a second. Jenna spent the whole afternoon telling Mes about her cousin and her groom to be.

"Ugh, I'm hungry!" Jenna groaned and checked the clock on the bedside table. She and Mercedes had talked and talked, the topic moving from Nancy to Hannah then Nixie.

" I'll have to call Nixie soon. I've missed the little annoyance, " Mes said as they got off the bed.

"Mmm, that smells heavenly," Jenna moaned as they neared the kitchen. Mason was at the stove in an apron, cooking. Jenna stopped in her tracks, her breath hitching. She couldn't take her eyes off him.

"Hey, babe." Mason flashed a smile and Jenna's cheeks heated. "I made spaghetti bolognese."

Jenna blushed a deep red when she noticed she was staring blatantly at him. Mason chuckled and dished the food. He was a huge man and it was a lot strange seeing him in an apron, cooking.

They had a quiet diner with looks shared between the mates that made Mes feel like a peeping Tom.

Before Mes went to bed, she picked up her phone, her intention, to call Nixie. But she stopped and stared at her phone. She wasn't so sure she wanted to be found yet and Nixie wasn't the type that could keep her mouth shut.

Should she tell her?

Sighing, Mes placed the phone on her bedside table and turned her back to it. Sleep didn't come at all and she spent the entire night tossing and turning. With a huff, she got out of bed and went down to the kitchen.

It was a little past two in the morning. She needed to find a way to make herself fall asleep. Unlucky for her, Jenna didn't have any sleeping pills in the house. She resulted to the next thing. Alcohol.

Opening the cabinet, she pulled out a foreign gin. She couldn't make out the name but it looked strong enough. It took a lot to get werewolves drunk but she was sure Jenna wasn't going to mind.

Not bothering with a glass, she unscrewed the bottle and took a long swing, wincing at the strong taste. She sighed and sat at the table and went ahead to finish the bottle of gin. She was only tipsy when the bottle was empty. She went for another and another till she had five empty bottle and a half drank one on the table. She was seeing double now and was struggling to keep upright on the chair. She let her head drop onto the table and let the alcohol induced sleep take her.

"Oh God, Mercedes!" Jenna's voice sounded far away. Then suddenly she was yanked upright. "Mes? Are you alive?" The voice was much closer this time and her head was pounding furiously. She groaned and heard a sigh.

"What happened here?" Mason's thudding footsteps only worsened the pounding in Mes' head and she winced, trying to put her head down again. She was still sleepy and they had to let her sleep.

"Take her up to her room while I clean up." Suddenly, she was snatched out of the chair and she gagged. "Hey take your time. I'm not ready to clean up vomit." Mason held her a bit softly after that and tried to keep her from bouncing too much in his arms as he climbed the stairs to her room. He tucked her in and left.

****

"I'm getting really worried about her," Mason sighed and sat at the kitchen table. "Me too. The way she pushes her problems aside is not healthy." Jenna dropped onto his lap and put her arms around him.

"I think you know what we should do." Mason said. "But she ordered you not to say a word."

"There's more ways I can rat her out without talking."

Jenna rolled the thought about in her head for a minute. "Do it." She didn't like seeing Mes in the state she was in.

********

So....hehehe
I know, I know but I'm sorry. I made promises and broke them but you have to understand. I have a very busy life outside of wattpad and it's been sucking me dry...ugh!

Anyway I'll try to bring more you way this holidays(keyword; try)😂

If you don't hear from me till Christmas, then Merry Christmas🎄...or Happy Hanukkah or whatever it is you celebrate🎆🎇🎉🎊

You know you love me,
Xoxo
Lyza.