Chapter One: Owls at Dawn

AUTHOR'S NOTES: MAGIC BORN WILL HAVE A CLEAN SWEEP After the book is complete , SO IF YOU FIND GRAMMAR MISTAKES, COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW. BUT DON'T STOP READING. ALSO VOTE AND SHARE MY STORY. THANKS!!!

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

***********************************************

Chapter One: Owls at Dawn

          Egon stood beside the vendor's table eyeing the fresh baked bread. Rarely did he have the chance to gaze at such a beautiful, luscious loaf. The King, Vestomer, had passed law that upon the last day of the week from sun rise to sun set every week, any one may enter the Square of Merchants and sell anything they hold value to. Some would say it's a good deed the king has done, but that's what he wanted them to think. It still doesn't atone for all the wicked he had unveiled to their kingdom.

Egon pressed his bare feet into the dirt and squirmed, the dust graded through his toes, while saliva dripped from his mouth and his stomach growled.

Just one bite he thought.

Egon's parents died right after he was born. The caretakers at the orphanage told him he was left at their step the night before the great fire in the castle. Ever since he was old enough to walk, he evaded the orphanage and lived on the streets, a gutter rat, a worthless human vigorously searching for his next meal. Since he was no longer registered in the orphanage, he didn't even receive the small amount of food the king supplied.

His stomach seemed to have a natural pull toward the warm bread cooling on the table. Egon's tummy roared in outrage, he was hungry and couldn't go much longer without food. He blinked away the thoughts of his conscience telling him to not steal the bread. He shook his head and his brown locks flung through the morning air. A Battle between good and evil waged in his bright blue eyes as he made a split-second decision a grabbed the bread

          He took off down an alley as he heard cries for help from the baker.

"Thief! THIEF! Someone stop him!" The sounds of the angry bread maker were whisked away as the wind cut into Egon's ears. He tucked the stolen meal under his cloak as he raced down the narrow alleyway. He hurdled barrels, boxes, crates, and garbage that littered the area. He turned his head and laughed, the sales man gave up on the chase. He turned back around and whack he rammed right into a guard.

"Hey, watch where you're going," The guard spat. Egon didn't speak a word "What? You are not going to say sorry? The guard stood for a second waiting for a reply, then noticing the lump in Egon's cloak asked. "Eh, what's that, under your cloak?" The knight snatched at his garments and the bread tumbled onto the ground. "A thief, have we?" Egon frantically peered for a route of escape, but there were none. Even if he had a chance to get away the village would be hopping with guards, especially today. It was the first day of the new year, and that meant testing.