Chapter Eight: The Girl with Flaming Hair

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )                                                                               

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

****

Chapter Eight: The Girl with Flaming Hair

Her orange, curling locks cascaded over her face, hiding her blood red eyes. She held her hands over her ears and rocked back and forth, mumbling to herself. All these months in this dark prison, no windows, no sun, chained to the wall, had gotten to her. Half crazed fear, half despair glistened in her crimson eyes, a defect she received in birth along with her powers.

More like a curse. Her eyes beamed toward the closed cell door as she heard the sound of a rusty metal key jiggling around in the lock.

"Feeding time, you animal!" The words snuck into her ears like a natural disaster, you know it could come at any moment, you just prayed it wouldn't.

She brushed her curling hair out of her sight as the door swung open, reveling a sick, disgusting man holding a bowl of slop.

          She looked up into his eyes and in the back of his mind she saw it, just a flicker, but that's all she needed.

"Did Duzna not inform you, you need no fear to enter?" She asked. Suddenly, with a single lunge, the girl propelled herself on the guard and wrapped the decrypted chain around his throat.

"I thrive from fear, peasant. You should've come prepared!" She said as she snapped the chain from the wall and scarfed it around the man's neck, tightening it even more.

Clawing at the metal necklace, the guard gasped for air. "Pl...Please?" He asked, pleading for his life.

The girl's crimson eye's turned bright yellow, and she started to laugh uncontrollably. Reaching around his neck, she snapped it. Bones cracking like old wood could be heard as the guard's lifeless body hit the ground.

She looked up from her kill like a lioness that had just found her prey. Then her eyes turned back to their normal color, an alluring blood stained red.

Her expression of delight quickly faded into disgust and she crawled away from her victim. She grabbed her skull and violently clawed at her brains.

"No, no, no, no, not again!" She shook her head in disbelief as crystal like tears formed in her irises. But before the sorrow could liquidize and fall from her eyes, the eerie sound of hands clapping echoed through her prison of concrete. 

"Bravo, Miss Calarook. Indeed, your powers have grown to great lengths, Lilith." Duzna paused his applause and flashed an unpleasant smile of corruption.