Chapter Thirteen: Battle Scars

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

*****

Chapter Thirteen: Battle Scars

         Mace and Theresa stood back to back as Nyx, Ares, and Nilas circled them.

"Get out of here boy, I can't lose you!" Mace commanded his horse. Nilas neighed in refuse, but Mace pulled out his spirit gem, a bright vibrant Topaz. "I'm not asking! GO!"

The horses followed the orders and bolted to the exit, the men inching closer ignored Nilas, because their focus was on the children.

"Ares? Help me out, mate?" Mace asked the bear. Ares seemed to smile and roared a battel cry. The massive beast rushed the men, followed by Mace.

"Ready girl?" Theresa asked Nyx. The panther let out an ear ringing growl and dug her claws into the dirt as she dashed toward the enemy. Theresa hurled the two knifes she held and they flew through the air until they met their target.

Two of the thieves barked in pain, both ripped the blades Theresa had embedded into their thighs and dropped them to the ground. Nyx tackled the third man to ground.

The panther wrestled with the man, until he reviled and knife and sliced Nyx's side.

"NYX!" Theresa cried.

"I'm fine!" Nyx replied through the spirit gem.

Theresa pulled her hands upward and the hovering rocks swarmed her body following her motion. Theresa then pushed her hands forward and the boulders darted through the air, pelting the two thieves, who had already been injured by her throwing blades.

"Your petty tricks can't help you witch!" One of the men roared, as he unstrapped a bow from his back and notched an arrow. The second man did the same.

The third thief was in a show down with Nyx. The giant cat circled the man, ready to pounce.

"Here kitty." The man said. Nyx raise her lip reviling her extremely sharp chompers. "Am I supposed to be impressed?" He laughed.

Ares rammed through the thieves who stood in the center of the lot. Mace launched one of his axes at the man on the right, but the thief was too quick. He yank a sword from its sheath, strapped to his belt, and hacked the axe from the air, before it could do any damage.

Ignoring the man, who had deflected his projectile, Mace rushed the third man, while Ares dealt with the others. Ares clamped onto the one he had knocked to the ground and flung him into the rocky wall.