Chapter Ten: Monsters and Mermaids

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )                                                                               

Pet: Bear Ares ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl Snow ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Pet: Horse Nilas ( Neil Ass )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

Talia and Sapphira ( Tal I A & Saf Fi Ra )

U�~R��

Chapter Ten: Monsters and Mermaids

Mace woke, his stormy blue eyes blinking in his surroundings, immediately everything felt peculiar. He reached for his axes but was stopped by a hand over his mouth. The person was looming over him like a horrid dream.

  He rolled over and his eyes were met with Rayner's distressed pupils. His normally dark grey irises were paled with fear. He released his grip from Mace's mouth and placed one finger on his lip, demanding silence.

"Theresa's gone" Rayner whispered in a terrified tone. "Don't wake the others, I'm going to search for her."

"Not alone you aren't." Mace replied. Even though he was planted in their lives to report to the king, didn't mean he couldn't help them. Because he knew the pain of losing someone you love.

"NO! You're staying here." Rayner said with a demanding tone. "Whoever, or whatever got her, I don't want it capturing you too."

"Well too bad that isn't your decision to make, mate." Mace said as he snatched up his axes and ventured into the thicket. "Your just going to stay here why your princess is out there alone?"

Rayner blushed.

"That's what I thought, now let's go!" Mace said as Rayner jogged to catch up to him.

***

Vestomer reclined atop his throne, and watched as Lilith, bloodthirsty and not in her right mind, bolted out of the castle doors and into the night.

"With luck she'll reach them by first light." Duzna said.

"I suppose, with luck." Vestomer replied, with a sarcastic grip on the word luck. "Now tell me, slave, does the girl have the book?"

Duzna turned to meet Vestomer face to face, something he wouldn't ever dare doing, but he couldn't hold back the glee he felt. The mind of Duzna was boggle in a web of madness, he received pleasure in other's pain, and delight in other's fear.

"Oh my Lord you will be honored to hear your plan worked. Mace planted to book in that senile man's quarters, and the young huntress, Ceridwen, found the recipe for the potion." 

"If she uses the potion to release the prisoners, you will hang from your throat." Vestomer threatened.

"She won't have the chance, I will have it in my grasp as soon has she creates it." Duzna smirked.