Chapter Two: The Darkness in your Veins

Author's Notes

HERE IS THE EDITED VERSION PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE.

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

****************************************

Chapter Two: The Darkness in your Veins

Egon swatted the branches out of his face as his romped through the thick foliage.

Who does he think he is, telling me I can't do this? Egon thought as he mindlessly searched for Ceridwen. He blinked the setting sun out of his eyes as he emerged from the thicket and into a vast plain with a babbling brook running through it.

Egon heard a screech and arched his neck toward the grey sky. A smiled rippled across his face.

And Rayner didn't think I could find her. Egon's thoughts buzzed like bees in a hive.

He raced toward the bird he believed to be Snow. As he made his way through the tall grass, figures materialized before his gaze.

Who was Ceridwen with? Perplexed thoughts rumbled in his mind craving an answer. The group stood with their backs to Egon, so he couldn't see their faces. As he became within one hundred yard of the people, the breath was taken from his lungs as a small, but powerful, force slammed into him knocking him into the sea of grass.

Before he could scream, the person clamped their hand over his mouth.

"Are you insane?!" Ceridwen hissed, her voice low and bitter.

"What are you talking about?" Egon stammered. Seconds after he questioned the huntress he glimpsed toward the skies and realized, the bird was indeed not Snow. The bird was not a white owl, but an albino flacon.

"They would have killed you if you had gotten any closer." Ceridwen had released Egon and was peering over the stalks of grass toward the three figures. The bird flew back to his owner and gracefully landed on the girls forearm.

"The girl, with the peregrine falcon, she's a witch in training. Three years ago she vowed to serve Duzna if he spared her life. Now Adisa Rathmore goes around slaughtering Magic Born. She must be searching for us." Egon froze as Adisa locked eyes with him. The blood in his veins turned ice cold, and he knew she had seen them.

"Ceridwen, she's spotted us." Egon's voice was soft and ghost-like.

Ceridwen let out a sigh of relieve, as she realize Adisa's true intentions. "You're wrong."

"She gazed into my eyes. She knows we're here!!" Egon demanded in a whisper like manner.

"She wasn't looking at you." Ceridwen grabbed his skull and turned him around.