Chapter Five: Eyes Always Open

A/N

VOTE AND COMMENT THIS IS THE RE EDITED VERSION

Egon Wood ( E Gon )

Theresa Ashdown ( Tha Ris A )

Rayner Moonfall ( Ray Ner )

Pet: Bear ( Ar Es )

Ceridwen Vix ( Care A Dwhen )

Pet: Owl ( Snow )

Mali ( Mal E )

Mace Kane ( Mace )

Duzna ( Duz Na )

Vestomer ( Ves Tom Ear )

Adisa Rathmore ( A Dis A )

Salina Mortem ( Sa LI Na )

Lilith Calarook ( Lie Lith Cal A Rook )

************************************************

Chapter Five: Eyes Always Open

Duzna's feet made an eerie patter as he strolled across the long open throne room, approaching the king. He had his arms folded into in the opposite sleeves and his expression was blank, but his eyes told all. A tornado of annoyance and disappointment swirled inside his pupils. Reflected in his irises, the throne, where Vestomer sat, began to grow larger and larger as he neared.

Vestomer, whose view was blocked by a scroll he was reading, opened his mouth to speak, and the word tumbled into the air.

"Stop!"

Duzna ceased to move and bowed.

"My king, new information has risen. The children were in The Dark Forest..."

"Good, so the creatures that inhabit the area consumed them?" Vestomer questioned with an added laugh.

"No, my Lord." Duzna said facing the ground, he didn't dare gaze up, or the king would have his head on a platter.

"No? NO!?? Are you bloody serious? You incompetent fool!" Vestomer never joked; he meant every word he said, every toxic word. "Where are the children?!"

Duzna didn't have to glance up to notice the smirk on Vestomer's face had turn into a devilish growl.

"Sire, I have good news." Duzna said, even though Duzna had extreme power and Vestomer was not a Magic Born, something about the king struck fear into his bones.

"You'd better, slave!" Vestomer barked.

Duzna snapped his fingers and two burly guards burst through the door, into the throne room. They drug a lifeless, almost weightless, man. He was bruised all over and his eyes were swollen half shut. The guard dropped him at Duzna's feet and paced out the doors they came through.

"There was a group of bounty hunters that scout the area of The Dark Forest, where the children were said to be." Duzna informed.

"Go on..." Vestomer replied.

"All but one were found dead. This one here knows how his brethren were killed, but refuses to say," Duzna said, pointing to the man kneeling before him.

"And I'll never tell you cowards," The bounty hunter said.

Vestomer bellowed a despicably evil laugh. "Oh we're not asking. Duzna, show the peasant why I'm in charge."

"Gladly, my king." Duzna smiled a crooked little smiled and his hands burst into flames. He reached toward the man's chest and placed his white hot finger on his heart. Duzna could feel the rapid pulse of the man in fear. He pushed his fingers and the flames melted through the man's skin. An agony filled wail filled the massive room they were in.