Chapter 9

The Last Time: Chapter 9

Still in fall, November 2013- Same day, pm

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: CLOSE AS STRANGERS BY 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER

(SERIOUSLY, LISTEN TO IT, IT'S AWESOME IT'S NOT SO CLICHÉ AND STEREOTYPICAL, AND I'M NOT JUST SAYING THAT BECAUSE I'M A FAN)

********

1 week and 3 days later....

"Shhh... Can you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"The ocean- it's whispering."

"You silly boy- you do know that when you place a shell on your ear, that's just the sound of your blood flowing in your veins, right?" she chuckled.

The sun was beautifully setting- the myriad of colors swirling together in the sky, creating a majestic site. The waves were gently splashing their feet. The grainy, warm white sand that surrounded them was absentmindedly being caressed by Casey who was leaning onto Zachary, who held a large faintly white seashell.

"Yeah, I knew that smarty pants. Just, uh, look here."

As Casey lifted her head up, Zachary quickly cupped her chin and locked their lips together for a chaste but passionate kiss. Casey smiled against his slightly chapped lips, and in that moment, the love felt unperturbed and eternal.

~~~~~~

"Look at those two, ever the lovebirds." The blonde chuckled.

Sitting in the hammock that was placed between two tall and sturdy trees, just a few feet away from the porch of their rest house- and several meters away from Zachary and Casey- was William and Blair. William was playing with the blonde lass' wavy hair as she was laying her head on his lap. She gulped as she felt tears threaten to fall from her eyes. She sat up, and looked up- stopping the tears, as her longtime boyfriend and best friend seemed too focused at gazing at the aforementioned couple.

"Will."

Silence.

"William."

As if sensing something wrong, William frowned. "No."

"Will, I've been meaning to tell you something."

"Blair, stop. Just please, don't. Whatever you want to say, just don't. We're supposed to be happy right now. We're going to college, Blair- together. So please." He trailed as he held her hand and kissed it as he cupped it in his fists.

Not being able to contain herself, Blair cried so hard, it's as if a dam broke down. William gently hugged her and stroked her hair. He kissed her head.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this anymore." She mumbled.

"I know. I love you."

~~~~~~
"What are you trying to prove?" he shouted.

"You don't know what you're saying. So, just shut up!"

Ashley walked away from the tiny living room of the rest house but Xavier stopped her, turned her so she faced him and enveloped her in a tight hug as he aggressively crashed his lips onto hers. She struggled, until she melted in his touch. She gasped for air as he pulled away.

"I'm sorry." Ashley cried. Xavier wiped her tears away and weakly smiled at her.

"It's alright, Ash. I'm sorry if I also overstepped my boundaries. It's just that, I want you to know I only want what is best for you. Just, please. We shall never speak of this again. Okay?"