Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

Blair Landon's POV

"If I give my heart to you will you give me all your love.. Will you swear that you'll be true to me by the light that shines above..." I sang.

        It was near sunset  and I was practicing for my acoustic recital with my partner, Luke. We were in the downtown theatre all alone with only our voices, his guitar and my piano making music. The wide stage and velvet curtains somehow made me feel at ease. Well, ever since I was a child, the theatre made me a dfferent person. It's like whenever I was here, either watching a play, performing a piece or simply painting here alone, I felt happy. There was a barrier to the hardships brought about by the real world. Although I can consider my life as delighful and pleasant, whenever I  wanted to feel serene and tranquil, this place is where I go.

        I gently stroked the piano, playing the keys as Luke then continued singing while playing the guitar. I changed chords then started to play George Harrison's "What is Life". 

"Tell me, what is my life without your love tell me, who am I without you, by my side... What I know, I can do if I give my love now to everyone like you.." Luke sang. 

        I flinched a little as I saw him look at me with such intensity. I breathed slightly as I started to sing again.

"But if it's not love that you need then I'll try my best to make ev'rything succeed ...Tell me, what is my life without your love tell me, who am I without you, by my side.." I crooned.

After finishing our last song, Luke smiled at me sweetly then held my hand.

"You really are one of a kind, Blair."

"Uhh, thanks. You too." I said.

"Everything about you is so beautiful." he whispered.

"Uhh, thanks Luke. don't get me wrong or anything but I know I already talked to you about this." 

The truth is, Luke told me he had feelings for me ever since he first saw me at university. However, I told him that I only saw him as a friend for I did not want to hurt him. Unfortunately, maybe fate decided to induce karma on me and chose him as my partner  for several music recitals and such.

"Yeah, I know Blair, but come on, I'm sure your feelings somehow changed."

"I'm sorry Luke. You know I can't return those feelings."

"Is this about William? Or maybe one of your boyfriends?" he asked, a bit infuriated.

Gawd, he won't stop. this is irritating me, seriously.

"Luke, my friends aren't my boyfriends. And please, aren't you through with dragging William into this? Or my friends for that matter?" 

Suddenly, he stood up and glared at me.

" You know what? I thought you were a smart person. But clearly you aren't . I'm done wasting my time and if I were you, I'd use my time wisely by sorting out that messy brain you have. " he said as he angrily grabbed his guitar and went away.

I sighed deeply as I watched him exit the theatre. Somehow, even though I refused to believe, he was right. My mind is a mess. Especially the emotional side.

I leaned my head on the piano then sighed again. What do I really feel about everything, especially William? Although years have already gone by, I still have feelings for him, despite the fact it was me who ended things. Pretty ironic, I guess. However, it was all for the best. I didn't want to cause him inevitable pain, and now that I knew things I shouldn't have had, what I did was the right thing.