Chapter 5

(A/N: Woah this book's getting a good number of views! Keep voting! xoxoxox)

*****************************************************

{Harry's P.O.V}

Laughing. That's all I'm hearing right now. Me and the lads just came back from hunting in the forest. we skipped the club. I didn't feel like partying, in fact there's nothing to party about. We went to the forest and saw two lost girls and hunted one of them. Now we were heading back to my house after the delicious mini feast we had had. It was about 2:00am or so. As we came closer to the neighborhood we spotted the 3 police cars, and a lot of cops. Some of them were starting to leave. We knew exactly what was going on, the girl we released in the woods called the cops (obviously). "Ugh, we should have finished off with the other bitch" Jake muttered. "I know. Listen." Alex addressed all of us as we came closer so no one will hear us "We were in the club, and we just returned, okay?!" We all nodded. We approached the cops, with a fake questioning look on our faces. One of the cops came towards us "Didn't you see the signs over there? neighborhood closed. Leave." He pointed at the yellow signs that said Do Not Enter. "I live here," I calmly said.  

"Are you Mr.Styles?" He asked.

"Yes."

"He's here sir!" He called to another man with a different uniform.

His head snapped towards me, then he approached closer eyeing me and my friends from top to bottom. Good thing we changed our clothes from the blood stains. Don't ask how. He kept on studying us while staring, somehow this wasn't awkward. "Mr. Styles! how are you? I'm detective Lerwick." he offered me his hand as I shook it firmly. I still had to play dumb. "What's going on?" I asked. "I'm here because of a murder incident. It happened less than 5 hours ago" He informed, I could tell he was studying my face hardly, trying to figure out if I knew or not. My fake role kept on going. My eyes 'widened' and I was, um, let's say shocked.

"What? Who?" I asked disbelievingly. He seemed to fall for it. Vampire skills. I love my abilities!

"Chloe Bursnell. a 17 year old in this neighborhood was found murdered in a nearby abandoned forest. Sir Styles, I have a few questions and my investigation to the residents will be done." I nodded my head.

"Where were you during the incident?" He asked. oh you know, I was in the woods sucking on some girl's blood. "I was at the club with the lads" I pointed at my friends behind me. He looked passed me to take a hard glance at them, again.

"How was your relationship with Chloe?"  He questioned.

"She was only my neighbor. I didn't know her quite well" this time I was telling the truth.

"One last question, Mr. Styles" He paused "When was the last time you saw her and where?" that was a little hard question. I can't say i'm avoiding everyone in this neighborhood, so I can't get out of control and suck on them.

"Well, I'm not quite sure, as I told you before. I didn't quite know her well, so I didn't see her around very often" He nodded understandingly. He fell for it. Dumbass.

"Okay, I guess our interrogation is done here. Sorry to bother you Mr. Styles, but I'm doing my job. Goodnight. Just contact me if you remember anything" He handed me his card. I'll call you alright.

"No sweat, goodnight" We shook hands again. The police gathered their crap and left.

The lads approached me from behind, with proud smiles on their faces, patting my shoulder. "That's my boy!!!" Louis ruffled my hair. "I was at the club" Alex imitated me . They all laughed and I chuckled as well. We all started heading towards my house, until a sight caught my attention. I looked to my right, I saw Mia hugging Sarah and weeping at her shoulder, I stood there staring at the sorrowful sight infront of me, then something inside me snapped. "You guys go ahead, I'll meet you inside" I told the lads who were giving me confused looks. They all nodded and went inside.

I made my way towards the girls, Sarah noticed my presence and gently pulled away. It was a cute sight though. "Hey girls" I spoke quietly. "Hey Harry" Sarah replied with the same volume. Mia had the hiccups (A/N: you know when you're crying you start having hiccups? yeah that one), and was struggling to stay quiet. "You shouldn't stay out here that late, It's 2:30am. Get some rest" I spoke gently. Don't ask me. Because I'm still asking myself why I said that. Why have I became a little protective all of a sudden? When they are supposed to be protected from me. Sarah sighed "You're right. Mia, wanna stay at my place?". Mia nodded.

"Okay, if you guys need anything, I'm literally few meters away. Just call me" I signaled to Sarah to give me her phone so I'll give her my number. Still wondering why I'm doing this. She understood my signal and reached for her pocket to hand me her phone. I typed my number at the contact list and put my name as Harry;) Also still wondering why did I put the winky face. Okay I must be really tired. I dialld my phone number and called it so that her number will be saved. "See you tomorrow" I handed Sarah her phone back and a faint smile appeared on her face when she saw the screen, she probably saw the winky face. "Okay" She smiled warmly. She really had a cute smile, wait- SHUT UP HAROLD! I mentally slapped myself. I was just complimenting a human. I turned away to head towards my house, a thought crossed my mind "And Sarah?" I called her, causing her to turn towards me, "lock your door". She smiled and nodded. The two girls went inside. I glanced one more time at Sarah's house, then went inside.

{Sarah's P.O.V}

Mia and I went inside, I made sure the front door was locked, as Harry told me to. I blushed a little when I remembered how he told me to lock the door. He's definitely the protective type. But why would he even care? "I'm so confused" Mia interrupted my thoughts. She was sitting on my bed, holding a hard stare at the wall. Her dark hair was in a messy bun, just like my hair, and she was wearing my pajama pants and a plain grey t-shirt. "Why" I asked her quietly as i sat on the bed, across her so I could see her face. "i'm not sure whether I should be thinking about Chloe or the way Harry was acting earlier" She broke from her hard gaze and looked at me. I gave her a confused look, "What do you mean?" I asked. "Harry never cared...about anyone in this neighborhood. If a nuclear bomb was near someone's house he wouldn't give a crap." She paused, "But this night, I mean earlier, he was different. He was... protective, and caring. I have never seen him this way". There was a long silence, then Mia broke it "I saw the winky face" She looked up at me and smirked, I knew she was referring to the contact name Harry had put. "Shush" I playfully threw a pillow at her, I'm sure my cheeks are red now. Her smirk soon turned into a giggle. "Awwh!! you're so cute when you blush!" She giggled again. I stuffed my face in the pillow that rested on my lap. "stop it", I giggled, my voice was muffled.

The next morning we both woke up about 2pm. Don't give me that look, yesterday was tough! My mom was waiting for us downstairs in the kitchen. She made some scrambled eggs with thin stripes of bacon. Although both of us had absolutely no appetite, the smell just convinced us. We sat down at the table. "Morning girls" My mom smiled. "Morning" We both replied. We dug in our plates. "What are you guys doing today?" My mom asked. "I think today's gunna be a lazy day" I suggested. Mia turned towards me "Yes! That's what i was thinking. I'm in no mood to do anything". I nodded. Tomorrow's Chloe's funeral. I have no idea why didn't they do it today.

"Pick a movie" said Mia. I smiled "You pick a movie" She rolled her eyes "Fine. Where are the CD's ?" "Oh! I just remembered they're in my room. For some reason I forgot to bring them here" I muttered. She chuckled and went upstairs "I'll get them".

"Found them" She called as she was moving downstairs. I was setting up the living room. Closing the blinds. Turning off the lights. I glanced at Mia, she was holding my phone with a big ass smirk on her face. She waved my iPhone in front of my face. "What?" I asked, confused. She handed me the phone, it was a text from Harry....

*******************************************************************